Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb... er... almost carb?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
It's been a looooong ass time since I worked on carbs. Just bought a set from a club member. But... am I mistaken... or is something missing... right about in the middle?
Trekkor
have you asked your Club member "Where's my emulsion tube stack"?

KT
bd1308
or the velocity stacks?

b
Carlitos Way
I was thinking something was missing... but I couldn't figure it out... So... emulsion tubes is what they're called?

Anybody know where I can get a couple of them?
SLITS
Probably.....yer gonna make me look ain't ya......
Carlitos Way
I don't make you do nothing... you've been a real pal... but if you happen to have some.... I just might have to make that drive again.... AFter all.. it'd be nice to see ya.

Let me know if you're gonna be around the shop... and how much smile.gif

P.S. I still have your gauge...
wink.gif
lagunero
Carlos, if you need emulsion tubes, you might as well get the longer (improved ones). Something about keeping debris out a tad better.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (lagunero @ Dec 24 2005, 10:56 PM)
Carlos, if you need emulsion tubes, you might as well get the longer (improved ones). Something about keeping debris out a tad better.

part of the IDF update kit....

sorry to hear that they werent complete carlos sad.gif
Carlitos Way
Hey Aaron... you didn't know. We both assumed those carbs were complete. Guess it doesn't matter that they were in the original boxes. It wasn't meant to be I guess... smile.gif Doesn't look like I'll make the hangover rally this year sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

It's been a learning experience tho smile.gif So... maybe I'll make it to something in January or Feb... whenever the car is running to my satisfaction. Dealing with stromberg.gif is always a part of owning a 914.

Besides... what fun is a car that always runs and doesn't spend time in the garage or on jackstands???

biggrin.gif
Carlitos Way
IDF Upgrade kit? I bought a set of new venturis, jets... and gasket sets... I tell you.. this really wasn't meant to be. Even Aircooled.net screwed up... they only sent me ONE rebuild kit for the carbs!!!!

So.. $280 later... and I still can't put the damned things together... I should have just bought the EMPI kit altogether.

Sorry to sound so bitchy.. guess I'm PMSing (Porsche Motorless Syndrome).

cool_shades.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 24 2005, 11:08 PM)
IDF Upgrade kit? I bought a set of new venturis, jets... and gasket sets... I tell you.. this really wasn't meant to be. Even Aircooled.net screwed up... they only sent me ONE rebuild kit for the carbs!!!!

So.. $280 later... and I still can't put the damned things together... I should have just bought the EMPI kit altogether.

Sorry to sound so bitchy.. guess I'm PMSing (Porsche Motorless Syndrome).

cool_shades.gif

what vents and jets did you buy? (youd still need to jet em for your motor if you bought the new empi's)

asked Jake? or John at aircooled?

Carlitos Way
John from AirCooled.

don't remember the specifics.. but I did get the 32mm venturis.. the rest of the infor is in my e-mail at work.
Carlitos Way
Silly me!!!

I had the invoice right in front of me:

Here's what I got:

32 mm Venturis
50 Idle Jets
125 Main Jets
175 Air

Carlitos Way
Any idea where I could get the emulsion jets???
SLITS
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 26 2005, 12:18 PM)

Yeh...when I get to the shop I'm sure I'll find some.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 26 2005, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Dec 26 2005, 12:18 PM)

Yeh...when I get to the shop I'm sure I'll find some.

i call you.
SLITS
Yeh...what exactly are you going to call me this time?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 26 2005, 12:44 PM)
Yeh...what exactly are you going to call me this time?

i shall call you george smile.gif
bperry
IDF Emulsion Tubes

F11's are the ones that came with mine.
Unfortunately, you need the emulsion tube holder "thingies"
that attach to the top of the emulsion tubes as well as main jets
and air corrector jets. I don't think the holders come with the emulsion tubes.
Sounds like you've got the air and main jets but I'm not sure
where to get those holder thingies....
Perhaps ask AirCooled or CB if nobody has any.

See attached picture below.

--- bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.