Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Carb experts around?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike's2nd914
My 2.0 had the FI unceremoneously removed by a previous owner and a cheap no-name 2 barrel mounted in its place. It has been running OK but yesterday when I first cranked it, it did not want to idle. I was going to take it to run a few errands so I figured I had not been driving it enough lately so I took it anyway. Once it warmed up, it wanted to "idle" at about 4 grand. I could stab at the loud pedal and it made no difference, still 4 grand. I got it home and let it sit a while and cranked it again, same thing, 4 grand. headbang.gif

Today, I sprayed the carb full of carb cleaner and let it sit a few minutes, not it wants to idle at 2 grand. Any ideas, suggestions, names of good hit men, etc?
fighting19.gif
Thanks,
Mike
TheCabinetmaker
sounds like a vacuum leak.
redshift
Have to ask..... have you looked at the t'rottle return spring? (and general state of the cable)

idea.gif

If it's a leak, it usually repeats the same symptom, then get's worse.

M
rhodyguy
take off the filter top. open the throttle plates let go, they SHOULD snap back to close. bind in cable, stiff/ hard to operate shaft?

kevin
Carl
I misunderstood the original post. That probably is a vacuum leak - and a big one, too!

Carl
Mike's2nd914
Vacuum is likely it, dang thing doesn't have a vacuum hose on it that's not in pieces.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.