Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carbs are dripping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
adammtb
So we're running Weber 34 ICTs. We just got all the fuel lines hooked up and turned the fuel pump on. Fuel drips out of a little port near within a concentric ring inside just above the butterfly valve. Is this the idle fuel? When we goose the throttle some additional fuel is squirted in via another tube - I take it this is the accel fuel. We have a Facet fuel pump also.

JoeSharp
How much fuel pressure do you have and is there any kind of seal there. Should not leak.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
adammtb
4-7 psi

I don't think there is supposed to be a seal. The fuel exits a little port which is positioned within the airstream.
McMark
You should never see drips. Especially from anywhere besides the accelerator jet.
JoeSharp
Can you get the fuel pressure down to 4?
Cap'n Krusty
I'm a bit confused here. If it's doing that when it's running, you may have percolation because the mixture's too lean. If it does it all the time, you have a float or needle/seat problem. The Cap'n
lapuwali
4-7 psi is way too high for a Weber. Get a regulator and trim it down to 3 psi. Weber needle valves don't like much fuel pressure.
maf914
One of my Webber 40 IDF carbs once developed a fuel dribble which resulted in rough running. I found that the float level was not in correct adjustment. Resetting the float level solved the problem. Just an idea.

Don't know if this applies to an ICT carb, though. idea.gif
1bad914
Adjust your floats and get the fuel pressure down to 4 psi. The floats are rarely adjusted correctly, even from the factory.
olav

I had a stuck/sticking needle valve. Replaced it and all was well.
goberserk
Thanks guys. It happens when I turn the key to the "on" position. The car doesn't have to be running. And it only happens some times, not all the time. I'll try tracking down a regulator, any brand suggestions? A quick look at summitracing.com resulted in a bunch in the 3-4 psi range.

rhodyguy
or check out the quiet rotary pumps, with the proper fp, from cbperformance. pump, regulator, gauge...too much.
JoeSharp
Kevin is right. I used the facett and with the regulator it cost more than the CB. and it supplies the correct pressure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.