Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: alloy wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
I just got back from the Pomona Swap. I looked at some fuchs alloy wheels. At least I think I did. Are they supposed to have a VW stamp on the inside? Is $400 for a set of 4 a fare price? Where can I get lug bolts and I've heard they are kinda pricey?
Cheers, Elliot
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 24 2003, 01:48 PM)
I looked at some fuchs alloy wheels. At least I think I did.

Where can I get lug bolts and I've heard they are kinda pricey?

can't help you on the VW stamp; Fuchs wheels will have the Fuchs hallmark stamp - a little stylized fox head (Fuchs ist fox auf Deutch.)

lug bolts are plentiful if you don't mind getting the 17mm head water-VW/Audi bolts. good ones at fair prices are available from Mike Potter's 'Virtual World Parts' at Virtual World Parts website. if you want authentic 19mm head bolts, i can't help you - none of my cars take bolts ...
TheCabinetmaker
My Pedrini's have VW stamped inside. I think all factory alloy wheels were stamped that way along with the size and part #. 6's? Check out Lawerence's website for stock 914 wheel info. I've seen allow lug bolt sets on ebay for 75-100 bucks for the set. Don't know about the hardness or quality of the bolts though.
TheCabinetmaker
Hey I'm talking 914/4's. Don't know about the 5 lugs guy's
Charles Deutsch
According to Dave Darling's 914 FAQ, the Fuchs do have the VW logo on the back.

There's a guy named Alex Magro who has some Fuchs advertised in the PP classifieds who says that four-bolt Fuchs in excellent condition go for $80 each. Also, there is a new set of 914 Long Lug Bolts on ebay.

Charles
redshift
Yes VW part #.

$400 seems fine for nice ones, $10.00 is always better.

Caps? Caps are $400 a set for mint ones, mostly.. figure that in.

heh

M
drew365
Elliot; I was at the Pomona Swap Meet today also. I bought a pair or 7x16 and a pair of 8x16's, chromed with tires for $870. I was happy but my little red wagon struggled to get the load back to the truck. Mine are 5 lug so there is no VW stamp on the back just the 911 part #.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.