Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BRAD--
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Where ya gonna be next boldblue.gif

KT
Brad Roberts
We are looking for a "test day" at ButtonWillow before Jan. 20th.

Jan. 19th: Willow Springs test day
Jan. 20th- 21st PCA SD Time Trial

Not sure when we will be back up to Thill.

I *thought* we would go to "Streets" this coming Friday, but the run group was booked.

I was also invited to a open track day at Willow Springs (big track) Jan. 17th

B
Trekkor
If I were you, I'd be running it with GGR's TT's next season when nobody is looking... unsure.gif

KT
Brad Roberts
That would be fun. I'll see what I can do.

I will let this cat out of the bag:

I was told by the head honcho over a certain Porsche group in Santa Ana CA. that if we bought a used 997CUP car they would rebuild the engine to DP spec (530+hp) for the cost of parts (no labor) if we ran the Tribute to Leman this year with POC.

We may have to take him up on that.

B
nine14cats
B,

Need anymore drivers for that thing...I may spring for the $$$ and get my license from one of the schools this spring....with my frequent flyer miles I could fly in close to wherever you guys are at and drive.... clap.gif

Hey...a guy could dream can't he?

Bill P.
DanT
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Dec 26 2005, 06:27 PM)
B,

Need anymore drivers for that thing...I may spring for the $$$ and get my license from one of the schools this spring....with my frequent flyer miles I could fly in close to wherever you guys are at and drive.... clap.gif

Hey...a guy could dream can't he?

Bill P.

biggrin.gif smile.gif Yea, what he said!

Happy New Year all..... driving.gif driving.gif
Brad Roberts
Bill,

Meet us at ButtonWillow when we rent the track with Craig Stanton/Randy Pobst instructing. Split the cost over 4 car owners and getting PRO instruction is well worth the $1000/8 hours of track time.

I'd love to race with you. I know your driving style and your background. I wouldnt hesistate to include you for one of our events with the car.

I will tell you we are going to run a 10hour event at Buttonwillow in March.

B
Trekkor
I wanna watch ( read, hide in the passenger seat ) laugh.gif

KT
Brad Roberts
The 993 is setup for a passenger seat (instruction) we rebuilt the LSD at Thill with all new parts from Paul Guard (I drove to his house North of SAC and picked up the parts and drove back)

I have a hard time drinking it, but we will drink Bud Light on occassion beerchug.gif

B
Brad Roberts
I think the 993 turned out pretty damn nice (for a 993)

B
Brad Roberts
Cool shot. Just noticed a few people.

First arrow is Gary Walton. Second arrow is Larry Sharp and third arrow is me.

B
Trekkor
Yep, fantastic car and a tough break that weekend.

Great effort smilie_pokal.gif

Now let me drive chairfall.gif

KT

( I saw those guys, too. There's Tim over on the right. )
Brad Roberts
Yep. I also see our shrink Dr. Benbow and Dr. Dennis Carlo...and Betim.

B
Trekkor
I'll never forget the celebration after the car left the pits after we had the first spill free stop.

It was great clap.gif

Thanks for that...

KT
MattR
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Dec 26 2005, 06:25 PM)
That would be fun. I'll see what I can do.

I will let this cat out of the bag:

I was told by the head honcho over a certain Porsche group in Santa Ana CA. that if we bought a used 997CUP car they would rebuild the engine to DP spec (530+hp) for the cost of parts (no labor) if we ran the Tribute to Leman this year with POC.

We may have to take him up on that.

B

I heard motorsports was being stingy with the 997 cup cars. Are you planning on running the entire season with it in Grand Am or ALMS?

I'm sure I'll see you at the track one of these days. I'll be sure to stop by and say hi.
MattR
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Dec 26 2005, 07:19 PM)
Meet us at ButtonWillow when we rent the track with Craig Stanton/Randy Pobst instructing.

BTW: I just had to add, Craig is a helluva nice guy. One of the nicest people i've met... he is just really great to talk to. I learned so much from him about porsches its amazing!
Brad Roberts
I heard motorsports was being stingy with the 997 cup cars. Are you planning on running the entire season with it in Grand Am or ALMS?

I'm sure I'll see you at the track one of these days. I'll be sure to stop by and say hi.

Very stingy. You had to be entered in the 24hr Daytona race and have a fat deposit down for a new 997Cup to take delivery 2 weeks ago when the first batch arrived. The first batch of used ones have also shown up (as you know)

We do not have a full schedule yet for either group. Still debating. Running out of time..

B
MattR
The car sounds bitchin though... they are just amazing pieces of machinery. We've started ours up around the shop. We went to big willow a couple weeks ago but ended up not running it (setup for the f1 tracks). There was another team out there that had a 997 and it was just running circles around our 996 cup car even with Craig driving!

Are you guys thinking of doing ALMS? Grand am? or just the west coast thing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.