Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laguna vid -- take 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Thanks to the help of several club members, I was able to compress my track vid from Laguna Seca and post it on a download site. This will supposedly make it easier for folks on dial-up to take a peek.

Click here for the reduced size file: Laguna Seca - 9MB

Click here for the bloated, high res file that uses IE: Laguna Seca - 34MB

I hope this works....

BTW, I have a nice Sony Digital DCR-IP55 but it uses proprietary software to decode it (movieshaker). From there I export to an .avi, .mov., or .mpg. Then hit the old Windows Media Encoder. Not the quickest way to get there.... blink.gif

Enjoy!

Bill P. laugh.gif
DanT
From your other less browser friendly thread:)

Nice video Bill,
It was nice to see you pull the 911 at the exit of 6 going up the hill...torque off the corners is a wonderful thing.
Not a bad lap for a 914 driver

The car has great torque and is very stable once the tires are warm... I could basically put it anywhere I wanted it. Only got lose the one time at the apex of 2 if I remember correctly, after I tried to get the back end to rotate just a bit. Brakes were fine once they were warm. You mentioned something about Rich suggesting the Hawk Blues? I will be interested how they change the cold braking characteristics.
This is a great car, and with a few little tweeks, will be very comfortable for you and Doris.
Happy New Year.
Brad Roberts
I guess I should have offered to host it on the club server.. beerchug.gif

B
Trekkor
I've got about 5% at this point. dry.gif

I'll let you know how I like it in a couple of hours ohmy.gif

KT

Dial-up is *cool* dry.gif
nine14cats
looking forward to your comments Trekkor!

Bill P.

p.s. I've found my 914 vids of laguna seca...time to post them to.

Trekkor
88% smilie_pokal.gif

KT laugh.gif
J P Stein
Did I tell ya that yousendit allows 25 downloads or 7 days, whichever comes first. It would be nice if Brad was to host it.

OH, good vid, good driving. Thanks for having us. biggrin.gif
DanT
Bill,
Do you happen to have the Laguna Vid with me taking Doris on a "little ride"?

Looking to seeing the vids of the 914 at Laguna. wink.gif smilie_pokal.gif
EdwardBlume
Nice run Bill. Looks like a nice ride!!! Thanks for sharing.... I was turning here in my chair! driving.gif
Trekkor
Oh yes. That was great!

That over the roof signal by the bimmer guy was weak wink.gif

I like the line out of the corkscrew. I need to work on that.

Now I need to source a big motor... wink.gif

Actually, I'm good. I just need to lay off the brakes.

Great viddy, I'll watch it again and again. clap.gif

KT
PatW
Smooth driving.
rick 918-S
Damn! That was cool! popcorn[1].gif Do it again!
nine14cats
Dan,

I found the vid of you with Doris in our 914-6 at Laguna when you were turning 1:49's....nice lines and the sound of the 2.7 with Webers is awesome.

I'll do the editing tonight after work and post.

Bill P.
GTeener
Nice driving Bill smilie_pokal.gif Looks like a fun day at the track...even if it wasn't in a 914 wink.gif Congrats.
DanT
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Dec 27 2005, 09:18 AM)
Dan,

I found the vid of you with Doris in our 914-6 at Laguna when you were turning 1:49's....nice lines and the sound of the 2.7 with Webers is awesome.

I'll do the editing tonight after work and post.

Bill P.

Very cool.gif
Can't wait to see it.
Trekkor
I'll be waiting...patiently
I can't wait til March ph34r.gif

KT
DanT
Trekkor,
you better start downloading immediately laugh.gif

The video that Bill is talking about is several years ago when the 916-6 was still a heavy weight. No big wing and full interior etc. The car was still plenty fast at that time.
It will be interesting to see since, IIRC, that was either the first or second time I had driven the car.
I still love the sound of a well built 2.7 with webers.
nine14cats
Dan,

I was looking at my log book for the time of the vid I have of you driving and the car was still GM class. The car was probably ~2400 lbs with driver. And the suspension was really soft. I found a video of me in the car 1 year later and the car handling looks decidedly different, especially in the tight stuff.

I'll post them both tonight.

Bill P.
Trekkor
Nightly track videos.

It just can't get any better. smilie_pokal.gif

KT
DanT
Bill,
That will be an interesting comparison.
I am sure the wing helped alot in areas like over the top of 1. The added down force makes the car much more stable in that area. smilie_pokal.gif

Fritz was very stable in that area, the BAW (big ass wing) you have on the 911 makes for a very stable car at high speed.

clap.gif clap.gif
9146R
Wow, great video...thanks for sharing your drive with us. Agree with previous poster - the 911 pass was schweet. Gotta get back to Seca in 2006.

Greg biggrin.gif
nine14cats
Thanks!

After sitting out a season and a half...it was nice to be on the track again. When the time comes to choose between the 911 and 914 sometime in the future...it's going to be tough. Fritz really is put together well. We will see how The Beast turns out.....

Stay tuned for more 914 vids later tonight!

Bill P.
jhadler
Trekkor,

That line through the corkscrew is -the line-. Excellently done!

Here's the trick... This is what I was told the day before my first laps at Laguna: "When you're turning into the corkscrew, and the track is dropping away from the nose of the car, aim for the large tree on the opposite side of the track.". Well, I thought it was a joke on the newbie, "aim for the tree... yer gonna hit it anyway...". But in truth, it drops you right onto the line and it's like dropping into a chute... woohoo! biggrin.gif

Great vids!! Keep 'em coming!!!

-Josh2
Trekkor
Bill can drive, no doubt.

I'm happy with my line through the "corkscrew", too.

It's the next set of turns up to and through 10 that are slowing/scaring me. unsure.gif

This vid and mine following KenH are helping.

KT
J P Stein
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Dec 27 2005, 10:50 AM)

I still love the sound of a well built 2.7 with webers.

*************WARNING,HI JACK ALERT !!!***********

Oh ya do, eh?
I ain't sure bout the well built part, but it runs.
This is a big (32mg )download, but I like the format.

http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ZS5LRZ...1O39IL23Z13TTET
nine14cats
Nice Hi-jack JP! smilie_pokal.gif

That course layout looks like it was fun...a few places where you can get on the throttle and let those Webers sing! wub.gif

I like the camera mount angle....is it up on the front windshield hoop?

Bill P.
J P Stein
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Dec 28 2005, 12:40 AM)
Nice Hi-jack JP! smilie_pokal.gif

That course layout looks like it was fun...a few places where you can get on the throttle and let those Webers sing! wub.gif

I like the camera mount angle....is it up on the front windshield hoop?

Bill P.

Watching that vid reminds me they shoulda been singing in 3rd gear in a couple spots. Breaking too early in others.
I was trying not to embarrass my self in front of all them (200 or so) folks....to much caution, not enuff loud pedal.
That's Mather field, BTW. Typical SCCA deal, 4 runs.

I'd never seen an AX layout that big. Working one end of the course, I couldn't even see the far end. I only had time to walk in once and my first on concrete.....enough excuses?

The transitions from concrete to asphalt to concrete were "interesting".
I never found the limits on the concrete. I need another shot at it. SteveN beat me by 4 sec sad.gif .

Yes, the camera was mounted atop the windshield.....I haven't figured out how to cure the wind noise.
jhadler
JP,

Mather is an odd site. Old B-52 bad if I remember correctly. So it's pads of asphalt and concrete. The transitions are sometimes funky, and the site doesn't lend itself to particularly "flowing" designs.

Seemed this course was really tight for a NorCal SCCA event.

Great camera angle though! Did you have a wide angle attachment on the lens?

-Josh2
J P Stein
QUOTE (jhadler @ Dec 28 2005, 09:42 AM)
JP,

Mather is an odd site. Old B-52 bad if I remember correctly. So it's pads of asphalt and concrete. The transitions are sometimes funky, and the site doesn't lend itself to particularly "flowing" designs.

Seemed this course was really tight for a NorCal SCCA event.

Great camera angle though! Did you have a wide angle attachment on the lens?

-Josh2

You got it right, an old B52 base.
That was a "Chairity Event" so I think they were trying to keep the speeds down......it was a bitch to learn but that may just be me. The SCCA (from my experience) doesn't like fast AXs.
60ish mph from an average car is usually about it.

That was my 4th run and I was still tenative. It actually "flowed" pretty well. That one spot where I got out of shape (the front half of a tank slapper)
nailed a lot of folks in my run group (the mod group). The only downside was staging. The guy that ran it for my group hadn't a clue. Too long a story, but it was the worst run SCCA Ax I'd ever been to.

No wide angle...a stocker. biggrin.gif
jhadler
Do you know if it was hosted by Sacramento or San Francisco Region? SFR is a top notch region, I don't knwo what Sac is like nowadays (been a few years), but they weren't up to the same level back when I was running out there...

And JP, -you- should be gettting well above 60 mph at an SCCA event...biggrin.gif

-Josh2 biggrin.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (jhadler @ Dec 28 2005, 10:46 AM)

And JP, -you- should be gettting well above 60 mph at an SCCA event...biggrin.gif

-Josh2 biggrin.gif

Well excuuusse me. biggrin.gif
Here's another from the slow old man.
(edit)

This one is a bit more download friendly 8 mg

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1II45E1...3W3PU1LJJKHWFNL
rhodyguy
very cool. i'm at my wife's school. they have their own server so i'm watching all the vids i can never look at while at home. i think the dl time was 2hrs and change for this one on netslowro. WHEEE!!!

k
flesburg
To: Nine14Cats

I really enjoyed looking at the two videos at the start of this post…

And the one of Dan Thompson at Laguna Seca in another post…

A question:

I was able to same the Dan Thompson video to my hard drive a view it and show it to others…but I cannot save either of the two at the start of this post.

Is there a way to do this, or could you repost them using the same method that you used with the Dan Thompson video?

I have to get to Laguna some day. Have been to a lot of mid-west tracks (mid-ohio is my favorite) although Heartland Park is supposed to be all new by next summer, but have seen nothing like the left hand, down hill, right hand “corkscrew” at Laguan. Looks like a real “dry mouth” set of corners.

Thanks for the “look see”

Dale Flesburg
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 26 2005, 10:15 PM)
I've got about 5% at this point. dry.gif

I'll let you know how I like it in a couple of hours ohmy.gif

KT

Dial-up is *cool* dry.gif

I could burn you a CD and snail mail it to you in less time av-943.gif
jhadler
Actually, Heartland Park is all new now.

They just did a major resurfacing of the track and paddock addition this winter. The SCCA Runoffs will be at heartland in 2006, that's the main reason why...

-Josh2
flesburg
I hope Heartland Park is done by now, but our October DE was cancelled because the track was not finished in time....
John
Actually, Heartland Park is all new now.

[RANT]
All new my ASS!!

I'll believe it when I don't have to bounce around the carousel....

If they didn't DIG UP the old track, there is no way that they fixed it. (there were 6" wide gaps in the track last year) I also hope they reduced that 'accident waiting to happen' alpha zero that they installed in the front straight. [/RANT]

Oh yea,

Nice videos. I need to get the camera mounted in the track car before spring.....
nine14cats
Hi Dale,

The 9mb file at the beginning of this thread is now downloadable by right clicking on it and saving to disk.

If you want the hi-res one that is 34mb, e-mail me at:

nine14cats@yahoo.com

and I'll send you the larger file.

Thanks,

Bill P.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.