Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTS Rallye ST seats??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Is anyone running these particular seats? If so, what needs to be done as far a mounting brackets/mods??

I see that the LeMans seat is made for the 914, but I like Rallye ST better. wub.gif

Edit: oops, almost forgot, will they fit with stock back pad??
Aaron Cox
they indirectly make your car faster.... by lightening your wallet tongue.gif
JoeSharp
Aaron: I thought you were working on your car?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Dec 27 2005, 11:31 AM)
Aaron: I thought you were working on your car?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

hijacked.gif

im going to.... unsure.gif in a bit.
not sure what i can do today....

talking with slits.....

and i gotta go bend up some rally light brackets
nein14
I have a pair of Rally ST's in my GT, they are truely the most comfortable seats I have had, they won't fit in the backpad.

I carpeted my firewall, the sliders will bolt to the bottom of the seat. The seat frame has to be modified by removing it and splitting it in half to eliminate the tube and tilt bracket.

Then fab 2 simple cross supports front & rear drill and use them to mount to the original stock mounting locations on the floor.
East coaster
John, Do you have any pics of the modified bracketry?
nein14
No, sorry but do you know Harry from Somers Point with a yellow 914-6 he's a member here. He has them in his car setup that way.
Maybe you can meet up and take a look at his. His user name is har914.
boxstr
You can go to http://www.camp914.com click on the GTS seat icon and then to the Rallye seat, go to the bracket and you will see the pics you are looking for.
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
nein14
They are not the brackets that will bolt into the 914. You have to modify them, it is easier to use the slider from GTS and mod the stock 914 seat bracket.

I worked very closely with Stafan from GTS to get them to work.
hars914
The mounting brackets were an easy mod. I cut the exist. seat bracket in half and
removed the reclining mechanism.Fabed a piece of 1/4" alum. plate with new offset
holes drilled to accept the slide bracket.I mounted the plates to the floor bracket then the seat brackets to the plate. I riveted the front of the bracket where it rests on the crossbar. The offset is only about a 3/8" so I had to countersink the
holes where it mounts to the floor bracket. It worked great. I will remove the seat
and take some pics.The seat height is perfect and I am 6'-2" tall.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.