Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Street Price for used Fikse FM-10's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I want to sell the Fikse FM-10's that came with Fritz. They are 3 piece wheels with Hoosier R3SO5's on them with 4 heat cycles. Rims are 17x9's in the front and 17x11's in the back.

How much are they worth? I'll probably post on the Pelican Board in the next few days with pics.

Tires are 245-45-17's front and 315-35-17's in the rear.

The rims look pretty much new.

Thanks,

Bill P.
Andyrew
dang... I doubt I have the money for these...

I'll be curious as to how much you guys say these are worth..

Andrew
TimT
$1200-1400

I may be interested
nine14cats
Hi Tim,

I called Fikse and gave them the serial numbers off of the rims. This is what they told me:

"Hello Bill,

Thank you for using Fikse wheels for your Porsche. Our serial number
data
found that your rear wheels are a 5555 X 17 rim combo. This should
have
about a 4.5" backspacing on a 11.0 X 17 wheel. Offset = -20mm.

Your front wheels are a 9.0 X 17, 3060 X 17 rim combo, 5.6"
backspacing,
+18mm offset."

I'll post pics later tonight.

Bill P.
d914
still paying tution but put me on the list as interested. post some pics.
nine14cats
3 out of our 4 kids are in college....1 more on deck...

Tell me about tuition... wacko.gif

In one way or another some of this Porsche addition must be sold off to offset school.... cool.gif

laugh.gif

Bill P.
DanT
Bill,
Fikses are usually pretty pricey.
I would venture to guess those wheels were in the neighborhood of $1K apiece new. Plus the tires.
Price accordingly. Probably worth more over on Renntech.org or Pelican for the 911s. 11s dont work on the back of a Boxster with out major fender mods.
You could try the boxster racing board also incase some one is modding up a Boxster for the track.
I hear you...kids in college puts a real crimp on the racing/car budget.
But we do what we can. wink.gif biggrin.gif
anthony
I love those FM-10s. I wish they would fit my 911. I've tracked a few sets on Pelican and they seem to go for around $2K (in the size that fits SC/Carreras). I'd price them at around 50% of retail.

Wild 6
If you bend one, Fikse will sell you a complete replacement (all three parts) for $550. I know, I have bent two of them.

Now, if I could get those wheels to fit under my flares ......
nine14cats
Hi Andy,

What size 17's can you get under your GT flares?

I like the way they look on your car.

Bill P.
nine14cats
Here are pics of the Fikse's I think I'm going to sell....

So the consensus is over $1K and tops ~$1.4K?

Bill P.

nine14cats
one more
neo914-6
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Dec 27 2005, 01:50 PM)
11s dont work on the back of a Boxster with out major fender mods.
You could try the boxster racing board also incase some one is modding up a Boxster for the track.

yep 11's fit stock 996 C2/C4 rears with 63mm offset, and 10's fit stock Boxster rear with 47mm offset...
Wild 6
Bill,

I can run 235's (9") in the front and 275's (10") in the rear with no problems.

user posted image

P.S. Here is a video of my first track event after installing the new WEVO gearbox.
Video taken at Firebird West Track (Lots of 914s)

See if you can pick out the lucky 914 that spins out and barely misses the tire wall.
seanery
My buddy bought some for his 951, I think he paid $3200 new with Yoko AO32Rs on them ~275s on 17s probaby all 17x10s.
nine14cats
Andy,

Where do you have your shift light set at on the 3.6? Mine is conservatively set at 6K right now...since the torque band is so wide pulling a gear isn't a problem.

Looks like alot of fun. What other tracks do you have in AZ to play on?

Bill P.
Wild 6
My shift light is set for 6,100RPM. The engine is a bone stock 3.6L. I picked that number because that's where the engine develops peak HP.

Arizona is really a mecca for road racing. We run at Phoenix Intl Raceway on the same course that Rolex Grand Am uses. There is Firebird East, West and Main tracks just south of Phoenix. In between Phoenix and Tucson there is Pinal Raceway. For autocrossing we use Phoenix Municipal Stadium, Pinal and the Firebird Skidpad. We have also autocrossed in front of the Barrett-Jackson tent in Scottsdale. aktion035.gif

We have a really nice track tied up in court, Arizona Motorsports Park (AMP). Hopefully AMP will open up again soon.

I belong to PCA, Arizona Sports Racing Assoc., NASA and Pro Autosports. All of these organizations rent the local tracks so you can literally go racing every weekend.

Are you attending the Festival of Speed at California Motor Speedway?
TravisNeff
Thanks for the vid Andy, what a hoot!
Wild 6
Travis,
Glad you liked it. You should think about coming out for a track or autocross event. You wouldn't have to join PCA to run. The next autocross is on Saturday, January 21st.

P.S. I drive by your house all the time. Do you still live there?
TravisNeff
I am in the east valley, almost into Apache Junction. I would love to come and participate in that event, but I have the kids every weekend so that puts a damper on most events. But I will see what I can do!
mikelsr
QUOTE (Wild 6 @ Dec 28 2005, 02:37 PM)
user posted image

hijacked.gif
Just wanted to say I really like your paint job. I like the way the color follows the contour of the fenders.

hijacked.gif off
soloracer
$1500 would be an absolute steal for those rims and tires. Think of it this way - if those tires were worth about $100 each that would make the rims $275 a piece or about 1/4 the new cost. I know a guy here who bought a set for his 944 Turbo and paid approximately $4000 for them without tires. If I were you I would expect closer to $2500 for them. I have seen them sell on e-bay for that amount. Hmmm...do you think they would fit on a 944 Turbo with that offset? Or maybe I'll change out the Kinesis K27's that are currently on my 914. I believe they are about the same size as your Fikse's but I like the look of the FM-10's better.
TravisNeff
Andy, give me the details - I may be able to make it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.