Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are wheel studs going for
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
i've got the 4 bolt hubs with bosses for 5 bolt.

i will drill and weld the studs in place but still need the studs.

what is the stock specs for studs height/width/length, and where's the cheapest place to buy them?

much thanks,
roger
bondo
Don't weld the studs in place.. they don't last forever and are intended to press fit. As for length, it depends on the wheel, spacer(if any), and possibly any racing organizations you intend to run with. Just using stock length may not work, as any stud you use will come out slightly longer than stock because the 5 lug bosses on early 914 hubs aren't as thick.

Once you have the wheel and lug nuts and spacers you intend to use, measure it out and see what works. Don't forget the rotor thickness! (I almost did that)
Dr. Roger
dang, that's right.

i've got these Gotti's 9for the rear) and they are 10" and i'm sure the offset isn't exactly right.

i was assuming i would use bolt on spacers which have there own studs in them. right?

or do you just use really long studs to go thru the hubs/rotors,spacers/and wheels??? all in one stud?

sorry, i really am this stupid.. in this department.... dry.gif i've never run spacers on any of my other cars.
bondo
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Dec 27 2005, 01:43 PM)
dang, that's right.

i've got these Gotti's and they are 10" and i'm sure the offset isn't exactly right.

i was assuming i would use bolt on spacers which have there own studs in them. right?

or do you just use really long studs to go thru the hubs/rotors,spacers/and wheels??? all in one stud?

Any spacer over about 1/2" will have studs in it, and use it's own low profile lug nuts to bolt on to your studs. In this case stud length is especially important because if they're too long the wheel won't fit on the spacer. smile.gif

Looks like you have some measuring and shopping to do. smile.gif
Dr. Roger
thanks so much royce.

looks like i'll take a chill pill until my rear flares come in and i do some measuring...

cheers,
roger smilie_pokal.gif
bondo
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Dec 27 2005, 01:48 PM)
thanks so much royce.

looks like i'll take a chill pill until my rear flares come in and i do some measuring...

cheers,
roger smilie_pokal.gif

You're welcome!

I'm in the same boat.. flares not done, spacer not decided, therefore stud length unknown. I can't even machine the hubs because I guess not all studs are exactly the same size. I was told to have studs in hand before machining the hubs just to make sure they'll fit snug. Now I'm thinking of getting a mill, so maybe that will be my first milling project. smile.gif
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (bondo @ Dec 27 2005, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Dec 27 2005, 01:48 PM)
thanks so much royce.

cheers,
roger    :trophy:

You're welcome!

I'm in the same boat.. flares not done, spacer not decided, therefore stud length unknown. I can't even machine the hubs because I guess not all studs are exactly the same size. I was told to have studs in hand before machining the hubs just to make sure they'll fit snug. Now I'm thinking of getting a mill, so maybe that will be my first milling project. smile.gif

do you have a thread on your flare project???

i'm getting FG Sheridan flares. In the past i've only rolled steel fenders.

i'm thinking on going the rivet route for simplicity.

which route did you go?
bondo
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Dec 27 2005, 02:09 PM)

do you have a thread on your flare project???

i'm getting FG Sheridan flares. In the past i've only rolled steel fenders.

i'm thinking on going the rivet route for simplicity.

which route did you go?

It's top secret.. I'm doing something that hasn't been done, and I'm so slow that if I went public, everyone may be doing it before I finish. biggrin.gif

It involves lots of cutting and butt welding, I can say that much. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.