Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: distributor vacume can sucks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chas
unsure.gif This distributor vacume can is off a 73 1.7, # 0 231 174 007.When I put a vacume on it the arm moves but the can won't hold it,should it? I'm still trying to fix my driveability problem.This motor is just rebuilt and has new injectors for the stock D jet..The FI worked good before tear down,it throttles up good with no load but under load it just boggs, sometimes backfires,if I pump the gas pedal [ throttle position switch ,accelerater pump]I does a little better.The signal points in the dis are good .I do have a newly installed pertronix ,should I put the points back in.Its getting fuel and I am going to check the pressure as soon as I get it put back together and running.The coil is old so I am going to put a new blue in it with new HT wires and plugs as the old wires seemed to be to short [did they shrink?]
Dr. Roger
the vacuum diaphram should hold vacuum.

if it doesn't, you have a ruptured diaphram and it should be replaced.
chas
Does anyone have a distributor vacuue can or compleat distributor you would like to sell me. Its for a 73 1.7,the one I have is a 022 905 205 Q. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.