Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with extra vacuum line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lsimburger
Hi all,
My '74 914 2.0L is being restored in small chunks as i try to keep it running as a mostly daily driver. I have started in on the engine and while everything is there the po installed some new vacuum hoses but not all. Some that were not replaced were falling apart. So I am replacing them. I found the thread about vacuum hoses which was very helpful, however I have ended up with a hose that needs to hook up to something. I have included a picture. This can appears connects to the air breather but the snaller hose goes where? And what is this can anyway?
Thanks in advance!
lsimburger
helps if I attach photo!
lsimburger
Ok, now having trouble attaching a photo, I give!
reverie
No worries, you'll get it.

It could be the "10 post rule" (you have to have 10 posts before posting a photo), or it could be that you are "previewing" your post before submitting it (you can't preview a post that has a photo in it).

Roger
SLITS
2.0 diagram

You will find your answers there..............
reverie
Oh Ron... that's no fun. laugh.gif
lsimburger
Saw the diagram but I am not seeing the canister that I have in my engine bay, it is located on the aft engine wall. Can't tell if this photo has attached or not, but I will give it a try.
lsimburger
one more try.
bd1308
charcoal canister....

b
SirAndy
QUOTE (reverie @ Dec 27 2005, 03:00 PM)
It could be the "10 post rule" (you have to have 10 posts before posting a photo)

don't EVER say that again!

read my virtual lips:

THERE IS NO 10 POST RULE! headbang.gif

you can attach a image in your very first post, no problem.
there *never* was a 10 post rule, there *never* will be ...

can we PLEASE not repeat that nonsense any more ... please ...

now back to the topic on hand, that looks like a charcoal canister. i thought the '74 had that in the front trunk? no?
anyways, there should be a plastic line from the engine comp, under the drivers side rockers, to the front trunk, to the tank, which vents the tank through the charcoal canister into the aircleaner.

find it and hook it up ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: the other line on the canister hooks up to the outlet on the top, pass. side fan shroud!
bd1308
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 27 2005, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (reverie @ Dec 27 2005, 03:00 PM)
It could be the "10 post rule" (you have to have 10 posts before posting a photo)

don't EVER say that again!

read my virtual lips:

THERE IS NO 10 POST RULE! headbang.gif

you can attach a image in your very first post, no problem.
there *never* was a 10 post rule, there *never* will be ...

can we PLEASE not repeat that nonsense any more ... please ...

now back to the topic on hand, that looks like a charcoal canister. i thought the '74 had that in the front trunk? no?
anyways, there should be a plastic line from the engine comp, under the drivers side rockers, to the front trunk, to the tank, which vents the tank through the charcoal canister into the aircleaner.

find it and hook it up ...
cool_shades.gif Andy

PS: the other line on the canister hooks up to the outlet on the top, pass. side fan shroud!

ah shit andy's pissed...

hide.gif

b
lsimburger
Ok, makes sense to me, thats what I thought is was a charcoal can. The PS confused me, just so I get it right, small line to gas tank (look for line running down drivers side rocker panel). Large hose goes to air cleaner...
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.