Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with a "what's it worth" type thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Racer
I'm looking to get back into a 914 after a few years without one. There are two that I am interested in and, while I have no pics, I am hoping a description might yield some "hi-low" estimates

1) 1971 914. White with tan/black (stock) seats. Interior stripped of carpets and insulation. Bilstein struts with raised spindles. 5 lug hubs. 15x7 and 15x8 wheels (bbs). Turbo tie rods. 21mm torsion bars. 14olb springs. 1984 style Carrera calipers. 19mm master cylinder. SS brake lines. 914 GT bumpers (fiberglass). Custom rear flares. Optima battery. All this was done in the late 1990s. Just last year, a new 2366 (2.4l) type IV motor was built and installed (no, not a "massiveIV", but pretty strong.. maybe 140-150hp. - it hasn't been dynoed yet. Only has about 10-15hrs on it). Dry sumped. Front oil cooler. Rust? suprisingly rust free. Battery box was fixed in the late 1990s. Solid longitudinals. Good (original) white paint.

2) 1974 "Roller". Yellow. Great interior. Konig seats (much like the Scheel or GTS seats) Full carpets. Aux. guages. Harnesses and guide bar. 911SC front suspension. 914-6 rear calipers. 7and8x15 BBS wheels. Similar suspension to the above car. Fiberglass GT flares front and rear. Original chrome bumpers. Stiffening kit. No motor. Some rust showing in battery box and longitudinals.

My most recent 914 experience ended when I sold mine for my 911. It was a 1970, with exception to the rear flares in #1 remarkably similar. Equipped with a 2056 motor with external front oilcooler but with factory carpets.

Thoughts?

If this thread should have been posted under another area, I apologize in advance.

Thanks!
r_towle

first off, welcome to the club.
Hi of 10k depending on engine specifics, and leakdown tests.

Low could be 500 for a roller.

Rich
Racer
Sorry.. Roller is a bit misleading. I should have said "motorless". My guess is with a stock 2.0l, it would be 6-8k (heck, the five bolt and flares should be worth something, plus great interior.. minus need for some rust repair.. how big of a hit would it be to NOT have a motor...
r_towle
well, Mcmark is selling a rebuilt motor service for 5k , you need to provide the core...

So to answer your question, what type of motor do you want...used, new, rebuilt???

If you are selling, find a motor and put it in.
If you are buying, you need to make a decision what type of motor you need...then subtract that from a 5k car.

You can look on ebay and here in the classifieds...5k will buy you a driver.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.