Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Civi Joint Problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kasi
Hi Guy's
I just got a 75 2.0 914 ! The Body is in very good condition and has no Rust !!
It only needs some engine work and a new paint job !!
I have ordered everything already and now here comes my problem!
I tryed to remove the civi Joint today the right side was easy but the left i cant get out of the Wheel Bearing !! I even made a special tool to push the civi joint out but it didn't work ! M14 bolt's broke just like that !! I heat it up ,tryed everything !!
Any suggestions what to do now ????

And here an other question:
I still have the ugly big black Bumper and i want some early chrome or fiberglass bumbers !
Does anybody know where i get a complete kit ???
I dont want to change a lot on the car and i want to keep the car as original as possible (early style )!!

Thank's in advance
Kasi
SLITS
Well, I would assume that in Aruba (Montego, Kokomo...sung to the tune of the Beach Boys Kokomo) 914 parts are not plentiful. First, get some PB Blaster or other spray rust buster (WD40) and spray it liberally from the back and front sides for a few days...spin the nut back on (but do not tighten it) and smack it with a BFH (Big Fuchin' Hammer).

If you wind up ruining the stub axle...I can send you a replacement.

Bumpers...I'm no help at all.

Brad Roberts
Kasi,

flip the nut over and thread it on flush with the stub axle and beat the crap out of it.

I use a air chisel with a center punch tool on it.

Take SLITS up on his offer. It sounds like you will ruin the shaft.

B
Gint
You can only smack that stub axle for so long with a BFH before it becomes unuseable. But Slits is making you a great deal. Pound away!

And post some pics!
SirAndy
BFH smash.gif
kasi
OK I will try the BFG thing smash.gif and keep you updated wink.gif

Any ideas regarding the Bumpers ??

Thanks Guys

beerchug.gif
motorhead
I have always wanted to get rid of my big ugly bumpers ('76). Never have gotten around to it, but I have always liked the FG 916 kits. Relatively cheap from PP, and Im sure the pelican has got them too.
kasi
You have any pics of the Kit ?

here is my car.
kasi
one more.
SLITS
Rear Bumper

Front Bumper

Not PP, but here's the images

Nice car....Zambezi Green I assume..... wub.gif
alpha434
hey. I'm looking to change the bumpers on my 75 too. But all the rubber on the early ones is really hard to find and unreasonable expensive. Problem is- i'm a sucker for shiny and that chrome is extra shiny. MMMMmmmm..... Shiny....

I think I'm going to make a fiberglass front bumper, with the proper mounting for the chrome peices. And maybe 911 style bumper protectors. Email if there's a lot of interest in this project...
Gint
Nice lookin 914 kasi.
kasi
Who sells the original stuff and actually has everything in stock to order ever if it is expensive ?
I really like to go there and do the car right .
so what is necessary to convert to old style bumpers from rubber.
r_towle
http://www.stoddard.com/

kasi
can't find nothing at stoddart side.
markb
GPR (gprparts.com) 1 800 321-5432 ext 502. Talk to Dave (the owner) nice guy, will go out of his way to get you what you need. Don't go by the website, almost nothing listed there. Call him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.