Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT '40 Ford Paint--Just Finished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flatout
I just got this done.It was a complete.The new Cadillac Pearl White with some Torch Red flames.Been at my shop for a while,glad to get it gone! biggrin.gif
flatout
Motor sounds good,too.
tat2dphreak
damn, that is Sexy! glad they didn't chop the top like the vatos here always do... it's cool if only 1-2 cars do it, if they all do it's it's blasphemy!
GWN7
A buddy of mine had a 40 Ford deluxe....it had a locking steering collum.....back seat was like your living room couch.....

Nice car flatout beerchug.gif
redshift
rolleyes.gif

Everyone knows that girls can't paint cars!

Jees!

HAS to be stickers!

M
markb
WOW! Very sweet! You do nice work. smilie_pokal.gif
TimT
thats nice wub.gif
messix
damn..... nice job. hey shelby wadda say you come on and move to the west coast. i think you would get tired of painting teeners though, i think many of us here would love for you to paint our cars.
messix
nother question. do you do all the pull it apart and put it back together [chrome, seals, gromits,panels and such] ?
flatout
Thanks for the kind words. Yes ,I take the car down,chrome, trim, glass etc. This one I had to pull the engine also. Again, thanks. Would love to come back home to paint cars and bikes, but I am established here .So for now, I'm in Missouri. sad.gif
Gint
That is VERY nice.

You don't have to post threads like this in the sandbox you know. This is garage material.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gint @ Dec 27 2005, 08:09 PM)
That is VERY nice.
You don't have to post threads like this in the sandbox you know. This is garage material.

agree.gif car stuff goes in the main garage forum ...

schweet!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
flatout
OK.I just didn't want to upset anyone.
Thanks biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (flatout @ Dec 27 2005, 08:27 PM)
OK.I just didn't want to upset anyone.

i moved it for 'ya!

beerchug.gif Andy
EdwardBlume
Wicked paint job!! smilie_pokal.gif
boxstr
Hey Shelby, lets get togehter for a rod run.
boxstr
Ass
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif smiley_notworthy.gif clap.gif pray.gif
Bleyseng
Craig, you gotta big ass! biggrin.gif
914Timo
Ohhh...... shocked[1].gif wub.gif drooley.gif

They are nice clap.gif smiley_notworthy.gif
flatout
Nice car boxstr!!!Love to go on a rod run! driving-girl.gif But once I got out there,I would never want to leave!!! biggrin.gif
J P Stein
Is it the trend to put 39 grills on 40s?.....not that there's anything wrong with that. biggrin.gif
mikelsr
hijacked.gif
Sorry for the hijack.

Shelby,
My wife and I are planning some weekend runs for the summer. We are looking for twisty-curvy roads to run the Boxster on (she doesn't like riding in the 914). Do you have any good roads in SE Missouri? She went on a business trip to central Missouri and came back with some ideas for trips.

hijacked.gif off

Love the car(s)! How long did restoration take?

M
seanery
My fav is a 39 or 40 Deluxe...I like the extra grillspace the deluxe provides.
Porsche Rescue
Hey JP, you're old enough to know the difference between a '40 standard and a '40 deluxe. Those are both standards.

Edit: not to show off or anything, but '39 had floor shift, '40 had column. '40 had first hydraulic brakes I think. My first car at age 16 in 1958 was a '40 four-door sedan.
flatout
Good eye, the grill is a 40 std. which is the same as a 39 DeLux. This is the second car I have done for him, he a thing for 40'S.
flatout
Mike, We have some great roads down here. 2 summers ago we had both Kevin ( Buzzard1 ) and Dave (Hi HO silver) down for the day. County and state road, lots of state parks, springs and curves. Let me know and we will try and set something up with you guys. biggrin.gif
J P Stein
My uncle had a 40....musta been the Delux....with a column shift. He also had a 324 Olds engine with 6 97s on a log manifold & Engle cam in it. Ran 13.1 & 108..... as a B Gasser ...this would have been in 19&58, IIRC. He drove it on the street also. I come by my hotrodding honestly....genes, I guess biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
My uncle's ride to work in '58 was a Model A sedan. Now we know where my slow genes come from!
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (flatout @ Dec 28 2005, 08:59 AM)
Mike, We have some great roads down here. 2 summers ago we had both Kevin ( Buzzard1 ) and Dave (Hi HO silver) down for the day. County and state road, lots of state parks, springs and curves. Let me know and we will try and set something up with you guys. biggrin.gif

Hey now, I thought we were gettin' together down in my neck 'o the woods??? biggrin.gif

We gots the roads here, just ask Dave (Hi Ho Silber)! Mahomet isn't that far, it's very flat there though.

Another awesome job Shelby! wub.gif Awesome!
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (9146986 @ Dec 28 2005, 10:10 PM)
Hey now, I thought we were gettin' together down in my neck 'o the woods??? biggrin.gif

We gots the roads here, just ask Dave (Hi Ho Silber)! Mahomet isn't that far, it's very flat there though.

Another awesome job Shelby! wub.gif Awesome!

Keep me in the loop on get togethers around here, if I have the car running I will join in if not I am sure I could just hook up with ya'll somewhere for chowtime.gif beer3.gif

Car looks great, one of the 1st model cars I ever built was a 40, black with nice flame decals, always liked them...
xitspd
ohmy.gif Wow Shelby! Very nice work. Let us know if you ever decide to come back home to the golden state.................

Dan
TJB/914
Ooooh Shelby, you know how to get me excited!!! I love those 39-40 Fords. I grew up with them having owned many over the years. That's a forty standard.
You do beautiful work and I congradulate you. Nice work.

Here's a picture of my former 39 conv. cpe. wub.gif I bought it the day my son was born. I told the wife I bought a present for him & she was too tired to say no. I owned it 30-yrs & it became a family member. Sold it when it was completely apart with a 30-year collection of NOS parts. The new (Texas) owner put it together in 10-months and gave me a ride a few years later at the Street Rod Nationals. I cried a bucket of tears. I should have kept it as a stable mate for the 914. My 914 can never replace the pain in my heart from selling my 39 conv. cpe.

Tom
J P Stein
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Dec 29 2005, 07:34 AM)

Here's a picture of my former 39 conv. cpe. wub.gif   I bought it the day my son was born.  I told the wife I bought a present for him & she was too tired to say no.  I owned it 30-yrs & it became a family member.  Sold it when it was completely apart with a 30-year collection of NOS parts.  The new (Texas) owner put it together in 10-months and gave me a ride a few years later at the Street Rod Nationals.  I cried a bucket of tears.  I should have kept it as a stable mate for the 914.  My 914 can never replace the pain in my heart from selling my 39 conv. cpe.  

Tom

My God. You sold that?
I have seen only one.....a 40 sedan conv.... in my life.
Black with a medium brown top. It was lovely.....and rare, me thinks. Maybe even more rare than a 914 LE laugh.gif

There is also a Black W/flames (flawless) 40 coupe in town. It sounds Baad. No stock 350 in that thing....ya gotta love the sound of a cammed up SBC.
Dr. Roger
Dang Shelby,

that white is top notch. it must be right next to cadillac's "diamond white" as it has the same pearlescence.

one of my absolute favorites. smilie_pokal.gif

don't stop posting your painting pics. beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.