Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing aluminum trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Poor-sche Lover
So, I know how to remove all the trim from the sail panel and the windshield, but I can't figure out how to remove it for future use. I "practiced" removing it on my project car because the pieces were already trash. I tried my best to not bend anything, but I failed miserably. I would really like to reuse the trim, but I don't see how I can remove it from the good car without bending the crap out of it. Do you guys have any tips or anything? Thanks.
r_towle
on the sail panels, you would need a tool that looks like a fork with two splines...

you would put that on either side of the pin and wedge it out...

On the windshield, you need to do a search here, Chris Foley (Racerchris) had designed a tool specially for removing the trim without wrecking it.

It can be done, and it can be bent back, be patient going either way.

Rich
xsboost90
you can bend it somewhat w/o ruining it, itll bend back when you reinstall...but removing it wasnt too hard IIRC, just look at your other car and see how it works..then take your time. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.