Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I am not moving to Texas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
It looks like I'm staying in SoCal for some time smile.gif Due to Dow Jones & Co. Inc.'s way of handling job postings at this time, I'm here for good. Or, until my family moves to Arizona in a year or two. I'm really pissed because I've already started selling out my engine stash, but I needed that money for school next semester anyways. I'm too frustrated with the "yes the position is yours -- wait no it's on hold -- yes but it'll have the hours cut down -- no we're restructuring" bullshit that's going on. Not to mention, executive-level postions aren't on hold. Personally, I think they give raises too often and gratuitously up there. They gotta pay their green fees, right? Every time one of those guys gets a promotion or a raise they start cutting out us on the lower levels... "Cost reduction" they call it, among other things. Fuck that.

So, back to looking for a full-time job here in SoCal to support myself (again). I'm not let down, though. I get to stay with all the cool people here.
Aaron Cox
so when is the welcome back party??? smilie_pokal.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (Brando @ Dec 27 2005, 07:18 PM)
It looks like I'm staying in SoCal for some time smile.gif Due to Dow Jones & Co. Inc.'s way of handling job postings at this time, I'm here for good. Or, until my family moves to Arizona in a year or two. I'm really pissed because I've already started selling out my engine stash, but I needed that money for school next semester anyways. I'm too frustrated with the "yes the position is yours -- wait no it's on hold -- yes but it'll have the hours cut down -- no we're restructuring" bullshit that's going on. Not to mention, executive-level postions aren't on hold. Personally, I think they give raises too often and gratuitously up there. They gotta pay their green fees, right? Every time one of those guys gets a promotion or a raise they start cutting out us on the lower levels... "Cost reduction" they call it, among other things. Fuck that.

So, back to looking for a full-time job here in SoCal to support myself (again). I'm not let down, though. I get to stay with all the cool people here.

Hey, Brando I've got a 38mm pump for sale happy11.gif
Howard
Knew I didn't need to show up for that one beerchug.gif
SLITS
He woulda been roadkill in Tejas anyway.........

Joe, when ya throw the "I'm not going away" BBQ, maybe Jared will show up lol2.gif

Ah, the young grasshopper has began to learn the intricaties of Corporate Life......buy a set of knee pads.
Elliot_Cannon
Welcome home Brandon.
Elliot
MattR
I guess I have to give back the food from the BBQ sad.gif

stromberg.gif

I hope the tought of moving to texas didnt scar you for life.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (MattR @ Dec 27 2005, 11:34 PM)
I hope the tought of moving to texas didnt scar you for life.

av-943.gif
JB 914
Brando,

I'd be happy to have a welcome home BBQ! It will have to be some time next year. Too much on my plate right now with a new product release next week.

Now you know why i'm self employed. I used corporate america to get training and then started my own gig.

Hang in there buddy. I'll keep some Bud in the fridge for ya! wink.gif

Type 4 Unleashed
Brando, I know how relieved you are not to have to go to Texas, and to think you get to stay here in SO CAL with all the crazy, psychotic, psychopathic, paranoid schizophrenic, homicidal intended, sheep herding sheeplove.gif cigarette smoking, beer drinking, gun toating, 914 owners of the Renowned 914 Club. happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif av-943.gif

Brando
Richard... you have no idea how true that is. Ever been to NORCO? It's stench spread UP the santa ana river to Riverside. Amazing, huh?

... A Welcome home party? But ... I haven't ... left... Oh what the hell, another excuse to get together, work on our cars and drink! piratenanner.gif

To be honest it would have been an excellent opportunity, but I really don't want to leave my friends and the 914CLUB here.
Howard
QUOTE (V6914 @ Dec 28 2005, 12:02 AM)
Brando, I know how relieved you are not to have to go to Texas, and to think you get to stay here in SO CAL with all the crazy, psychotic, psychopathic, paranoid schizophrenic, homicidal intended, sheep herding sheeplove.gif cigarette smoking, beer drinking, gun toating, 914 owners of the Renowned 914 Club. happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif av-943.gif

You say that as if those are bad things wacko.gif
Toast
Let's have another So-Cal BBQ! mueba.gif
Howard
Well, your move would have raised the average IQ in both states, so maybe you should reconsider. wink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 28 2005, 09:40 AM)
Well, your move would have raised the average IQ in both states, so maybe you should reconsider. wink.gif

And lessened the load on our sewer system and completely disrupted the system in Tejas as they are so full of stromberg.gif anyway......... biggrin.gif

What was that.....give Tejas an emema and it would be the size of RI?
JoeSharp
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 28 2005, 09:40 AM)

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!
Looks like Joe's up.
I'm in.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 28 2005, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (V6914 @ Dec 28 2005, 12:02 AM)
Brando, I know how relieved you are not to have to go to Texas, and to think you get to stay here in SO CAL with all the crazy, psychotic, psychopathic, paranoid schizophrenic, homicidal intended, sheep herding sheeplove.gif  cigarette smoking, beer drinking, gun toating, 914 owners of the Renowned 914 Club.  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:  :evilgrin:   av-943.gif

You say that as if those are bad things wacko.gif

I, wasn't thinking good or bad, I thought I was stating fact happy11.gif

I, dont know if it's a good idea, that one 914 owner, be all of that tied up in one person.

Anyone, know someone that fills those shoes happy11.gif
Eddie Williams
Damn it, I was looking forward to having another 914 person to talk to, here in Beaumont.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Brando @ Dec 27 2005, 07:18 PM)

~6 years ago the company where I was employed was acquired by a MN based company. A year later they decide to close our doors and I was offered to move my family based on an offer (not in writing) by a very nice manager. The lower cost of living, nice people, and family environment were very attractive. I helped the transition of technology and made preparations to move. Last minute their new VP decides I will instead report to a jerk manager who gives me the "we'll have to see if your worthy of the position" attitude. My MN co-workers warned me promotions are few and far between so I said no way find someone else. Well he found out from his co-workers how valuable I was and tried to change his tune but by then it was too late, I found something better...

Count it as a blessing.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.