Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got it running today!! Finally....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Took me over 8 months to rebuild the 2056 and it runs sweet! Damn Jake that cam rocks! killer powerband up to the 5800 rev limiter. Couldn't get the oil temps over 180 either.....
Broke in the cam for twenty minutes then drove around to seat the rings in freakin out the neighborhood.
Sheeet, that new gear setup (3rd and 4th outta a 912 close ratio box) is killer. Shifts up thru the gears is way more funner so I can't wait to get on the track.

I forgot how quick the car is after 8 months of sitting, and now its even faster.

Maybe I'll remove the rev limiter to see how it revs up.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as no freakin oil leaks yet. ph34r.gif

Now to get the air outta the brakes sad.gif

laugh.gif
Gint
smilie_pokal.gif clap.gif
neo914-6
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

congrats! clap.gif
Bleyseng
Look in my blog for progress pics.....

too tired tonight to shoot effin photos in the dark.........

did start up on the first try after priming the Djet....love FI.
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

now go and have a beer3.gif
Bleyseng
that's a idea...got one Leffe in the refer too. beer.gif
rick 918-S
smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
which gears did ya use?

Q or S ? for 4th?

3rd... (flipped ZD)? M?

i cant wait to hit my new box too!!!
Jacco
Congrats Geoff!

would be interesting to know if you did anything to the Djet to get it to run on a 2056.
I know there have been a number of threads on this, but now I'm sure this one runs.
Would be a cool project for our own teener.

go out and enjoy your freshend up ride!

greets (en gelukkig nieuw jaar rolleyes.gif with a biggrin.gif to the foreign language thread )

Jacco
maf914
Way to go Geoff. smilie_pokal.gif

How about a summary of your engine mods? I know you have mentioned things over the past few months, but I'm curious about the total package. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Aaron, I had a flipped ZD in there and felt there was too short between 2nd and 3rd and too long between 3rd and 4th. Went to a "M" 3rd and a "S" 4th so its mo' better. piratenanner.gif
With the 205x15 tires the tranny feels like I am in the powerband alot more as I go thru the gears. You'll see

Jacco, I have been running the 2056 for 5 years. I toasted the rings overreving at a track event missing a shift. Jake provided a new set of pistons with better rings sealing along with a Jake FI cam/lifters. Heads were sent to HAM to be checked over and Len changed out the upgraded springs/retainer/keepers. I was trying to get 500rpms of power over the stock setup which dies at 4500rpms.
Hoe gaat het? (see I do know alittle Dutch although writing and pronouncing it is really hard!) screwy.gif

Engine mods

96x71 with Jake pistons and rings
Jake 9550 cam with new lite lifters
26mm oil pump
Heads have 42x38 SS valves with 911 swivel feet adjusters, HS single springs,HDretainers, HD retainers
9to1compression
Deleted retard on the dizzy
Vacuum advance hooked up
2.0L SS HE's with a Bursch muffler

I dyno'd this engine before (4yrs ago) at 95hp at the rear wheels so now I am thinking its 100hp at the rear wheels as its got even more kick! Plus I want to see the dyno sheet with the torque and hp curve to see if I really picked up alittle more hp at 5000-6000rpms.
I'll run it at the next PCA dyno day locally to see. I know I won't be able to keep up with Eddie914 on the straight with his 3.2L but atleast I won't get passed in the first 200 ft coming out of turn one.

Eddie914
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Geoff,

FABULOUS!

Great work! Sounds like a great engine! When can I get a test ride?

I don't know if you are thanking or cursing me now ... since I'm the person who urged you to attend the track day when the old engine went south.

Your teener can run circles around mine ... until mine has a running engine again. Let's plan a track day!

Sixnotfour has the 3.2 and is installing new valve guides. I'm getting excited!

Congratulations on the great work.

Eddie

'71 914/5 (2.7 six less one dropped valve and shattered piston)
Bleyseng
I'll make the next Elliot Bay club drinkathon so you can test drive it then.
DNHunt
Hey way to go Geoff.

Nice to see you made it off the Wannabe list.

Dave
rhodyguy
give your mechanic a raise wink.gif . did you use the hasting rings? did you notice a significant change with the elephants?

k
J P Stein
Humm.....this could be a trend. Maybe time to sell my jack stand stocks biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Dec 28 2005, 07:39 AM)
give your mechanic a raise wink.gif . did you use the hasting rings? did you notice a significant change with the elephants?

k

Yeah, Hastings rings and KB pistons IIRC
The front suspension works instead of being frozen stiff like before with the dried out polys dry.gif

With the 200# springs in back with the new Koni Yellows its stiffer. Can't wait to try this on the AX/Track but I'll drive it alot in the city avoiding the worst roads or I'll be in traction soon! chair.gif
seanery
Congrats Geoff, I'm definitely jealous! icon8.gif
Bleyseng
We trashed our motors about the same time IIRC but you are going to a six, right? Atleast it was racing when it happened!
I just don't have the $10k to do it...and have too many projects.
brant
congrats Geoff!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.