Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think it's amazing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I was looking at BioSurfer1's avatar pic and it's amazing to me how contemporary our cars can look.
IPB Image

I think it's the combo of the monotone scheme with cup wheels that does it.
I've noticed similar things about other cars before: the monster 3.8 silver car, Dave Sheppard's etc...
biosurfer1
agree.gif they are remarkable cars....and while i'd love to take credit, that isnt my car, just a nice one that caught my eye laugh.gif
seanery
hey, where'd it go?
biosurfer1
sorry, i thought i'd post the one i'm looking at...
Hawktel
The 914 styling is something thats very amazing to me. I'll admit that what had me the most interested in the car. I don't consider the mechanicals to be works or art and beauty, but the way the car is put together.... The way the Top fits in the trunk, the way the front truck holds a full spare, the smooth lines of the pop up lights, to the popup blisters for the turn signals, and the a proven race record.

Complete with a cabin thats relatively roomy, a Targa roof, the ability to upgrade to monstor engines, and at a attractive price, how could anyone doubt its a Porsche?

I like 911's, 986's, and the water pumper crowd. And I'd never say no to any of the other lines, but 914's say Porsche louder to me than any of the other models.
redshift
hehe, that was a neat trick, Copperfield.

M
tracks914
I had a model of one as a kid and it only took me 30 years to get my hands on a real one.
It wasn't the price, the handling, the sound, the performance. (or lack there of)
It just screams "look I'm different than any car on the road, and I'm a Porsche!!!!!"

MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif MDB2.gif
seanery
bio,

can you tell me where the red car came from, I want to post it back here.

thanks,
sean
redshift
I can't find that one buddy, but the 914 conversion page has very similar cars.

M
Aaron Cox
browse for file and then it will upload- (at bottom of reply scrEEn)
biosurfer1
ta da!!
J P Stein
Ugly never goes out of style. wink.gif
The new 350Z is....odd looking....but the rx-8 is butt ugly....it looks much worse in person than in pics....a committee styling job if there ever was one. The 996 & boxster are bland as oat meal. The BMW Z4....whatever ....has more lines than Letterman.

We fit in nicely.
jnp914
Re the Z - you can see the heavy hand of the French overlords.

and the RX-8, I saw my first one last week. The roofline/rear door/window conglomeration looks completely cockeyed. Someone, anyone, could have penned a cleaner arrangement.
VegasRacer
agree.gif

Has anybody done a test drive in either of these yet?
What did you think?
I sure hope that make some style improvements.
I'll be ready for a new daily driver in a year or two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.