Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do I need bump rubbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billd
I just put a set of Konis on the rear of my 73 2.0L. The old shocks had no bump rubbers so I installed the Konis the same way. I'm now wondering if I might have problems with the shocks bottoming out. Do 914s need bump rubbers on the rear shocks?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (billd @ Dec 28 2005, 12:31 PM)
I just put a set of Konis on the rear of my 73 2.0L. The old shocks had no bump rubbers so I installed the Konis the same way. I'm now wondering if I might have problems with the shocks bottoming out. Do 914s need bump rubbers on the rear shocks?

Yes, you should have them. Konis are NOT guaranteed against bottoming out, and they won't fix shocks that have done so under their warranty program. In fact, in many cases the shock CAN'T be repaired after it's been bottomed out. The Cap'n.
balljoint
That said, I think you will find that a lot of guys don't have them, mostly because they looked for some new ones when the old ones turned to dust and they couldn't find anything suitable, or Porsche wanted $60.00 for one replacement I am sure there are lots of options that would work and will save you from buying another set of Koni's. Let us know what you figure out.
groot
Use them... use them... use them.

They are available from many race shops.

For example: Paragon Products
billd
Anyone have suggestions on a source for these? Auto Atlanta lists them as NLA. Pelican says "availability may vary" and quotes a price of $64.15 each. Paragon has front bump rubbers for a reasonable price, but not rears.

Can the front rubbers be used on the rear struts?

Hybrid_Teener
http://www.paragon-products.com/product_p/...ni-70.34.53.htm

Paragon lists them for 13.95 for the rears. Too expensive? =P
billd
Thanks, some how I missed that on my search of their site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.