Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone know this color or car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
Do you know the color of this car? It's time to pick a color for my repaint. I am toying with painting my 914 this color or malga red. Thanks
TravisNeff
looks like an 80's 911 color. Wine red metallic
Gustl
to me it looks like Malaga red (L30C) idea.gif
here's the car from Ralf Hartmann:

user posted image

wavey.gif Gustl
computers4kids
Ralph Hartman was kind enough to send me all the paint info on his 914. It was a custom blend, primarily malaga red and some cherry. This other 914 is more metalic cherry than red???
VegasRacer
QUOTE (computers4kids @ Dec 28 2005, 09:49 PM)
It's time to pick a color for my repaint.

STOP. cool_shades.gif
Are you sure you want to change color?
I hate color change cars. (Brad does too.) spank.gif
What color is the car now?

Don't change the color unless you are doing a full bare metal restoration.
computers4kids
My car had been repainted once by the PO. Originally, it was bahia red, the second paint job was exterior only (no jambs) and was a little lighter color of red.

I have now stripped the entire exterior down to bare metal, removed any previous plastic repair, touched up a spot of rust by one of the cowls and it now sits primered and straight. I have removed all the interior except for the dash, door handles, headlight hardware, chome, etc to get the best paint job that I can. I will have the car painted completely. The underside of the entire car has also been rubberized with undercoating.

My biggest area of concern is the area upfront by the gas tank and engine compartment...I just don't want to pull all that stuff, nor the engine. I'm trying to decide how to handle those areas...leave them alone?...blacken those areas??? Purchase my exterior color in spray can to touch up those impossible places?? I'm open to suggestions! I've seen the some of the awesome restore jobs taken place here in this forum and my hat is off to those with that commitment and resources, I'm just don't want to go that extreme.

The Malaga red is a much closer match than the lighter metallic wine color shown, but either way different is different.

I appreciate your input...thanks
Tobra
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Dec 28 2005, 08:52 PM)

That is what color my Dad's '84 cabrio is, very pretty, almost looks purple under some lights at night
J P Stein
My first Porsche was Wine Red Metallic
redshift
Red is tough to correct... but here it looks like Ruby Met.

M
computers4kids
QUOTE (Tobra @ Dec 29 2005, 08:15 AM)
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Dec 28 2005, 08:52 PM)

That is what color my Dad's '84 cabrio is, very pretty, almost looks purple under some lights at night

I'm hoping to find a car with this color to see in person. It appears much different on this 911...pehaps its the light.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.