Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excellence(Feb 06) 914-4GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dekman
Has anyone seen the beautiful signal orange 2.7L four(150hp) in the Feb issue of excellence? Maybe someone knows how to post these pic's? Owned by Michael Dungan of Ohio. A cool article to read his resto because it was similar to mine. aktion035.gif
Howard
OK if you like orange cars...
scruz914
I think it is a beautiful car. The article made me wonder though, what qualifies a 914 to be termed a GT? The original 914-6 GTs were either factory built or conversions from factory produced kits. Are there any guidelines for adding GT to a model name? Engine/suspension modifications that make the car more track than street?

-Jeff
URY914
QUOTE (scruz914 @ Dec 28 2005, 11:31 PM)
I think it is a beautiful car. The article made me wonder though, what qualifies a 914 to be termed a GT? The original 914-6 GTs were either factory built or conversions from factory produced kits. Are there any guidelines for adding GT to a model name? Engine/suspension modifications that make the car more track than street?

-Jeff

It seems when you install GT flares it becomes a "GT". wacko.gif
When it come to 914's I don't think there are any guidelines for anything. happy11.gif

I picked up my copy last weekend. The first thing I saw was in the big two page spread picture at the begining of the articale, doesn't it look like the tab on the roll bar is not bolted to the inside of the targa bar seat belt hole?

Paul
rhodyguy
i noticed a few things on the car that had me wondering. 1, deleting the engine tin combined with the FAT shroud. 2, the ignition switch conversion is clever. 3, "After a single pump on the gas pedal the engine bursts to life". prob, as long as the car is warmed up. wink.gif 4, the carb linkage is interesting.

overall, a well thought out and executed car. there are many member's cars, worked to this level, that would warrant a write up. i think quite a few real porsche owners would not approve of a VW being showcased on a monthly basis. biggrin.gif

k
xitspd
QUOTE (dekman @ Dec 28 2005, 09:39 PM)
Has anyone seen the beautiful signal orange 2.7L four(150hp) in the Feb issue of excellence? Maybe someone knows how to post these pic's? Owned by Michael Dungan of Ohio. A cool article to read his resto because it was similar to mine. aktion035.gif

ohmy.gif Great article!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.