Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running on 1&2 ONLY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
So ugmo is only running on half the holes and I am scratching my head! I put my hand down by the exhaust and only the driver side is warm, passenger side is COLD! This is a 2 liter with good compression all around, no mufflers on just HEs and the dreaded weber progressive. Here is a list of the things I have already tried to stop sounding like a sick Harley:
New
Spark Plugs
Cap
Rotor
Wires It is getting good spark
Readjusted the valves all are moving freely
Rebuild kit for Carb, re set float to specs with niffty home made float gauge!
Swapped from dizzy with points to pertronix
flushed gas
new fuel pump
New fuel reg and filter
changes manifold gaskets
Changed orinentation (speeling;^) of Carb. all four intake runner are getting cold...
New carb base gasket
Threw wrench and tore down Halley Barry 007 poster
Drank lots of Snow Cap
Asked Shane

So yeah, I dunno what is going on here, any advice is helpful. Even "Dude, get a real carb or go back to FI" at this point will werk!
Thanks
dtd
BMITCHELL
You have chased the fuel system and most of the ignition system with the exception of the coil. I solved my problem with a new blue coil. My old coil was intermittent. Would run fine for a while then took a dump and only fire like a two banger.
dinomium
yup, swapped coils too! It is very strange!
Bleyseng
plug wires are swapped for 3 and 4 cylinders? try checking the firing order again. Even DaveHunt couldnt get that right one time.
rhodyguy
dude, get some real carbs or go back to fi.

k
bd1308
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Dec 29 2005, 09:20 AM)
dude, get some real carbs or go back to fi.

k

agree.gif

BTDT, im saving my progressive for my type1-powered lawnmower smile.gif

b
dinomium
checked and rechecked firing order... good thing it is written right next to the dizzy!
Kevin, my birthday is coming up... nudge nudge!
HA! beer3.gif
motorhead
firing order and rotation? I seem to recall one of the salty dogs around here getting the firing order correct but backwards recently. Probably not the first or the last. confused24.gif
MecGen
Hey Dude

Intake to head gasket ?
Theses are big problem spot on both sides.

Later

beer.gif
Gearhead1432
Timming? Another idea would be power to the coil. I had a short once that caused a lot of hair loss. headbang.gif

If the carb base is getting cold to the touch then the fuel mixture will not atomize completely. I have seen this way too many times on VWs from a 1942 Kübelwagen to 1970's beetles. This is one reason why centermount carbs can realy suck.

Throw it away and get something better like 40IDFs or FI.

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.