Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need moral support or an extra hand. =-)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
and i'm replacing the front suspension w/a fresh 911. (thank you "Porboys" in Oakland)

seems kinda' lame as i just built my SBC from the ground up. i know engines pretty well, just never done any suspension work before. =-)

second thing on my list is to install the vented cross drilled rotors on the front. (thanks Mar7ck)

lastly, i need to locate someone who can drill hubs to 5 bolt on a 4 bolt hub that has the 5 bolt bosses cast already.

any suggestions or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated! smile.gif
if you can lend a hand i can supply all the pizza and drinks you can throw down. wink.gif

much thanks,
roger

Dr. Roger
sorry,

forgot to put i'm in hercules, cali.

kinda between martin and allison baker and sir andy. cool.gif laugh.gif
neo914-6
Rogersan,

If you are just replacing the struts, it is easy I even did them myself..........20+ years ago.

Ask Mueller about drilling or "maybe" Eric would drill them.

List your tasks in detail and cross them off when done............at least that's how I "heard" it was done. laugh.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Dec 29 2005, 10:14 AM)
if you can lend a hand i can supply all the pizza and drinks you can throw down. wink.gif

well, *if* i get my car running on sat., i can swing by.

ripped out the FI harness yesterday, got a good used one and a trashed one from EASY and spend all day making one good one out of three ...
blink.gif

found a easy way to check your FI harness for hidden problems, i may do a writeup on that.

now all i have left is to replace ALL fuel hoses, add a fuel pressure gauge, clean the top of the motor, and put the new harness back in.

smash.gif Andy
Dr. Roger
andy, it would be SO worth it to me to help you get her running if you are offering to help me... =-))))

whadda' U think?

i'm available from right now thru the weekend...

oh , and i keep a stock of Peets coffee for special guests. cool_shades.gif
Mueller
I'm leaving work at about 1pm today and heading home to give some kid the old rims/tires off our Volvo and then got nothing planned except for watching the 14 episodes of Firefly and then Serenity screwy.gif

I'm also working half day tom. if that works out better....

oh yea, I have to look for a D-Jet wiring harness to give to Andy...
Dr. Roger
Firefly and Serenity.... laugh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif laugh.gif

i guess i have my slow days too. i can't laugh too much. OK, just a little... laugh.gif

Mike, ANY time will be th right time. this afternoon, evening, tomorrow anytime...

i probably don't have the tool stashes you guys have but it ain't bad either. =-)

Dr. Roger
oh yea', and i've got one of those FI little boxes laying around here if either of you guys want it...
SirAndy
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Dec 29 2005, 10:25 AM)
i'm available from right now thru the weekend...

well, i have to work all day today. type.gif those damm microsoft guys ... slap.gif

maybe i can get my car running tomorrow, that way, i'd be able to swing by your place on saturday ...
smash.gif Andy
Leo Imperial
Hey Roger,

I have to work to night, but should be free tomorrow all day.
I just did my front end for the first time and it is pretty fresh in my head.
I could stop by for about 2 or 2.5 hours from 2 till 4:30 if you want today.

For the drilling I have a small local shop that is going to do the rears for me
and we could do it at the same time to save a few $$$.

Send me you info if you want to get started today.

Leo
Dr. Roger
Leo,

Absolutely. =-)))))

in my best (homer J. simpson voice)... "Mmmmmm, saving a buck...... aghhhhhhh"

laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif

PM is sent.
Mueller
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Dec 29 2005, 11:32 AM)
Firefly and Serenity.... laugh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif laugh.gif

i guess i have my slow days too. i can't laugh too much. OK, just a little... laugh.gif

Mike, ANY time will be th right time. this afternoon, evening, tomorrow anytime...

i probably don't have the tool stashes you guys have but it ain't bad either. =-)

let's try for this evening around 4pm......PM me your address again...need me to bring any tools?

Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Mueller @ Dec 29 2005, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Dec 29 2005, 11:32 AM)
Firefly and Serenity....    :lol:  :blink:  :wacko:  :lol:

i guess i have my slow days too.  i can't laugh too much. OK, just a little...   laugh.gif

Mike, ANY time will be th right time.  this afternoon, evening, tomorrow anytime...

let's try for this evening around 4pm......PM me your address again...need me to bring any tools?

schweeeeeet.

i should have all the tools. i have no "special" tools though.

i also do not have a real BFH if that's required.... LOL

i've actually started removing the 4 bolt front suspension and it's almost out.

i may have the new front end in but there's still the rear 5 bolt hubs/brakes to look at and get opinions on. =-)

buzz me if ya get lost.

roger
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Dec 29 2005, 11:20 AM)
Rogersan,

If you are just replacing the struts, it is easy I even did them myself..........20+ years ago.

Ask Mueller about drilling or "maybe" Eric would drill them.

List your tasks in detail and cross them off when done............at least that's how I "heard" it was done. laugh.gif

thanks felix,

i sure did a list, and i'm checkin' it twice... =-)

i'm actually replacing all of the front suspension.
more aluminum components, stiffer tortion bars, sway bar...

i'll post the big question in a new thread...

hehehee.

PS,

saw your ad for you V8 on CL a few days ago.... sold it yet????? i think your asking a fair price all things considered... that motor alone..... best of luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.