Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs Center Cap Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AZ914
Hello!

I've recently procured a set of 16" Fuchs from the bay for my conversion.
I believe they are the SC FUCHS (16x6, 16x7, all black, polished lip).
I am in the process of stripping / refinishing the spokes.

Anyways, my question is:

What type of center caps do these things take? I see references to the
'3-prong' and the 'ring-clip' caps though I've never actually held these
in my hand or had a set of these wheels before. I DO NOT see any
indentations on the inner mounting ring, therefore assume that these
later 'SC' Fuchs take the 'ring-clip' but I'm not sure.

Any help is appreciated! :beer1:
Jeffs9146
These are the ones I have on my 16x6 Fusch.

Jeff
AZ914
Jeff,

Thanks for the pic! Looks like the 3-pronger. Perhaps these are all interchangable.
Does your rim have any indentations for these clips etc?

beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
Yes mine has a small groove around the lip

See below:
Jeffs9146
I also have an older set that work but they could fall off easier than the three prong ones

See Below:
AZ914
Jeff,

Thanks for the pics and info! Looks like both will work but the 3 prong might
be a little more secure.
Scott
First thing is to make sure what centers you have. There is a large center hole version and a small center hole version though the large hole one is usually seen on later cars. As for center caps the stock three prong ones are ok but PartsHeaven (site http://www.partsheaven.com ) in Hayward California sells some great ones, though they don't show them on their site. I polished my spokes, have the large center hole and got some chromed ones from them that were milled and came with a enameled Porsche crest in the center. VERY nice looking and reasonably priced. They come in all flavors, even black with the crest for both large and small center holes. Very similiar to what Automotion used to advertise in their cataloge. They are even more secure as they come with 3 set screws that you thghten them with the wheels off and you don't have to worry about someone popping them off for their car.

I know all the guys @ PartsHeaven. so mention that you got the info from Scott Spencer and they may even give you a better deal.
Scott
This is a scan out of an old Automotion cataloge. Their's are just like these, except that the crests are inlaid and not just hand painted
AZ914
Scott,

Thanks for the info! beer.gif

I do not know the exact size of the hole. I will have to measure. I believe these are SC FUCHS (all black). I know the 'late' style rims (Design 90, Turbo Twist, etc) take a FLAT center cap versus the rounded ones required on the Fuchs.

Thanks for the pics! The chromed caps will look great once I get the spokes polished! aktion035.gif
Scott
You don't have to measure the holes. The large hole wheels are just like jeff's pic. The hole runs the same diameter all the way through (except for a slight grove ring). The small hole wheels have a lip right around the outside edge. Very easy to distinguish. No lip = large hole. Yep, definatly not the flat ones. They are a smaller diameter and wouldn't fit anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.