Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone here watch racing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I watched a little of the NASCAR race last night but after 30 minutes I was bored. They just go around and around and around. And the IRL...around, around and around. I like the odd ball stuff better to watch, Pikes Peak, rallies, etc. But to sit and watch for hours, is hours away from working on my car. I think it is strange that some guys are so into NASCAR, but they can't put air in thier own tires.

There are some that watch from the sidelines and some that get in the game. We're in the game, and PROUD! smilie_flagge24.gif

OK, that is the end of my socal/OP-ED commentary for tonight. Just had to get that out.

I'm better now,
Paul aktion035.gif
914werke
Screw NASCRAP mad.gif
If you want to watch REAL racing check out the
MOTO-GP Boy's!!! pray.gif
Last weekend's Brno race was Da-BOMB w00t.gif mueba.gif

http://motograndprix.tiscali.com/en/motogp...rider_id=&free=
redshift
I can't watch anything, except politics, and work.

M
J P Stein
I get up to watch F1 at o'dark:30. Speed channel is still better than no speed channel.
serge914
I went to the Indy friday but I cant stay in the same seat a whole day watching a race. I need to go to the paddock, in the pits or around the track to be part of the action.
My friend bought a 3 days tickets in an estrade and moved hit but only to go to the washroom. headbang.gif
campbellcj
Tivo...

I watch ALMS, GrandAm and sports car stuff (SpeedGT and Touring Car) mostly. TransAm too, sometimes. I usually scan/FF thru F1 because it is just not something I can watch for 2:30 straight. At least Shumi isn't winning every friggen race this year! It is actually getting interesting.
Charles Deutsch
I only follow F1. I'm hoping BMW wins the constructor's tile this year. Gotta give Renault credit for improving so fast, too.

Charles
vortrex
saw a lot of live F1 back in the day with press passes and all. still like to watch it, but now I have no speedchannel! good thing comcast has the golf channel though, jesus.
scotty
SCCA Rally (Oregon Trail), F1 (D@mn espn for not having it on... I don't have speed channel), Love watching my students who race (motocross, scca)...one even let me help in the pits smile.gif I've got to get my car track ready over the winter wink.gif

...????? a Renault won in Hungary????
jnp914
I have been an SCCA racer (first Formula Ford, then Nissan Sentra) for over 10 years, and I watch a lot of racing. My wife says she notices my feet moving during the in-car shots except for NASCAR.

I have driven formula cars on an oval, and a Petty stocker at Las Vegas MS, and while I appreciate the skill to race those at the limit lap after lap, it ain't Sebring or Le Mans.

Long live road course sports car racing, and a pox on 90 degree turn street circuits.

hmppphhh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.