Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 conversion flywheel question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
So someone is offering me a 911 flywheel (very reasonably)

Its the wrong one though.
he claims that it could work If I find a ring gear.

I'm not sure about that but wanted to tap into the list regarding this possibility.
what does everyone think?
here is his explanation:

"The stock flywheel for the 914-6 had the ring gear as an integral part of the flywheel. the P/N for that flywheel is 901.102.026.01.

The flywheel I have is for 911's produced after 1969. It does not have an integral ring gear. The P/N is 911.102.201.11.

This flywheel should work with your 2.0 liter but you would need to have a ring gear to go with it. "

TIA
sixnotfour
maybe it needs the ring gear replaced because the teeth are chewed. I got one from Jim Chambers that had a Kennedy ring gear replacement on it.

If its flat its wrong. If its cupped with a ring gear 6 bolt its right, for a six.
I had a gauranteed investment account once.Should have been a winner wacko.gif
736conver
Your thinking is correct.

You want the 901 flywheel.

michel richard
He's offering you a 225 mm flywheel. It was designed quite differently to fit it's larger diatmeter inside the 901 trany's bellhousing. It uses a different pressure plate and clutch actuating mechanism. (push as opposed to pull, or vice versa, I forget).

To do this, In addition to the flywheel and pressure plate, you need to get a new housing for your trany, from the '70 or '71 911, and to make a few simple modifications. It's been done, and apparently works quite well, but it is quite a bit more involved than "adding a ring gear to the flywheel". Although the ring gear and the rest of the flywheel are a single casting on our flywheels, and I don't think one can be "added" to the other.

Michel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.