Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: electical problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jporsche914
Pulling up into my driveway yesterday i look down at my tach and it is not working so i pull it in to the garage shut off the car. I turned the key on and the brake flasher does not work a niether does the gas guage. When the car is running the alternator light does not turn on but above 2500 rpm the tach works the gas guage works and the alternator light is glowing red. When the tach is working and i hit the brakes the tach droppes to 0 and the gas guage reades empty and the red alternator light is glowing even brighter and the brake lights do not work. The turn signals do not work either but they do stay on when the key is off. When I was messing with the fuse box earlier today i got everything to work right until i turned on the turn signal. With the light on the taillight light up the turn signals light up and the guages light up but the turn signal and brake lights dont work. I have no idea what the problem is and i was wondering if you guys know what is wrong.
Thanks Alot,
James
Cap'n Krusty
Check your fuses. The Cap'n
r_towle
you need to look at the wiring harness that goes through the engine compartment and to the rear lights...

I had a short there once that made the tach and gas guage behave that way...only when you step on the brakes...

there was a wire shorting to ground right were the harness goes into the rear trunk.

Rich
jporsche914
hey cap'n All the fuses are fine and it has not blown a fuse since this has happened
redshift
No, it IS fuse 8, or 9.

I kicked mine out the other day... same thing... had to call Ron before looking. smile.gif

Just because they are there, doesn't mean anything.

M
DonTraver
Mine did the same thing, found a cracked fuse, don't remember which one, but it was on the right hand side of the fuse panel.

Good Luck, Don
SGB
Also, a taillight bulb can fail in such a way that the filiments touch and caused MIGHTY STRANGE things to happen too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.