Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sideways
Hi Everyone,

I seemed to have forgotten my manners earlier, I posted a question without really introducing myself.

I am an Aussie living in Calgary, Canada. I have owned various porsches over the past 17 years including now 2 914's. I have just aquired a 1973 1.7 car in the past few weeks, (Xmas present to my self) Was green, now red will be silver.

Overall plans include:
engine upgrade,
trans upgrade
suspension
interior including rollcage
exterior (GT etc...)
among other things.

I have a number of parts from my old project back in Australia that I am having sent out, that will help keep costs down.

I have attached a photo of the new beast as well as a couple of the old project and the parts. You will notice my new car has two of the biggest parking garages as tail pipes I have ever seen (put on by the PO).

Thanks everyone for the information they already provided me and for the future, I look forward to being an active contributor to the forum.

Steven

1973 914-4 1.7
Sideways
Pic 2
Sideways
Pic 3
Sideways
Pic 4
jim912928
Welcome and cool parts!
Sideways
Thanks. Here are some more to wet your appetite.....
jim912928
drooling! Looks like you have some brake adapters in that pile..what are you going to put on?
Sideways
Those adapters are for big reds and 12 3/4 inch disks, I also have a set of adapters for boxster calipers and carrera disks.

Still pondering...
jim912928
I'm contemplating boxster brakes for my upgrade...have to find a source for the adapters (I'll do a search in here as it's been discussed). What engine are you going to stuff into your car?
Sideways
Still don't know what engine as yet probably a 3.6.

The adapters I have I had made for me by a friend, I am currently looking into having a number of sets made. If I get there I will post in the classifieds.
michel richard
Quite a move ! How long have you been in Alberta ?
Sideways
I have been in Alberta now 4 years, long way from home but loving it...
Jeroen
Cool project! Post more pics!

QUOTE (jim912928 @ Dec 30 2005, 12:52 AM)
I'm contemplating boxster brakes for my upgrade...have to find a source for the adapters (I'll do a search in here as it's been discussed)

Rich Johnson has them
check the "resources" forum...
GWN7
Hello and welcome beerchug.gif again
Sideways
Thanks Bruce, Next time i'm in Winterpeg i'll look you up..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.