Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another wrecked 914 pic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
As seen on www.wreckedexotics.com
J P Stein
I've seen the pic before, but.....any questions bout where the weak point of the 914 chassis is?

Also....note the rust on the ground.
redshift
Actually JP, I am having trouble finding the really strong part.

Looks like the rear crumple zone ends at the front wheels, and the front crumple zone ends at the motor mount.

M
URY914
Probably parted out and sold on Ebay.
Malmz
My only question is where the heck did the rear trunk lid go? Is that it in front of the car at the right margin of the picture?

sm
ChrisReale
That Targa top looks clean laugh.gif
GWN7
I remember that one from before. Posted on the Bird. The accident happened on Vancouver Is. (I think)
Jeffs9146
The true crumple zone without rust!!

I was in it!!

Jeff
redshift
How much for the mirror?

M
SirAndy
QUOTE(Malmz @ Aug 24 2003, 09:14 PM)
My only question is where the heck did the rear trunk lid go? Is that it in front of the car at the right margin of the picture?

follow the red arrow and you shall find the rear trunk lid ...
JeffBowlsby
This wreck is on my website...Wreck No 6.

"You shoulda seen the SUV he broadsided" oh yeah its in the photo too...on its side.

The black man chatting with the fireman was the driver. The guy walked away from this one. Amazing, for a 30 year old car w/o air bags.

All I cans say is...See what happens to a color change car?...

Here is a bigger photo:
Brad Roberts
I promise he punched the gauges (which is why they are applying bandages)

I think I'm going to let go of the wheel the first time I see an accident getting ready to happen to me in 914.

I'm not liking the thought of punching the gauges..

B
JeffBowlsby
Looks like he got real familiar with the windshield too, that could have been fatal..
SirAndy
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Aug 25 2003, 12:23 PM)
Looks like he got real familiar with the windshield too, that could have been fatal..

me thinks that my roll-cage was a good investement ...
driving.gif
Aaron Cox
how does a roll cage keep your hands from punching the gages- or yer head on the windshield?

Um...i dont think it does w00t.gif
URY914
acox914,
Good point.
Maybe you're suppost to grab the roll bar just before impact. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
i bet andy's 914 wouldnt crumple in half like that one because it has a cage in it- but i bet he would have some broken fingers and a bruise on his head like the dude in the pic-
SirAndy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 25 2003, 05:42 PM)
acox914,
Good point.
Maybe you're suppost to grab the roll bar just before impact. laugh.gif

well, i DO have a bar under the dash and bar's to the front shock towers/fender-wells.

that "should" help keeping the gauges and windshield away from me ...
Andy
URY914
Looks like he t-boned that SUV and got under it enough to put it on it's side.

Kinda David and Golith like.

Paul
URY914
All the roll bars in the world won't help unless you wear your seat belt or harness.

Paul
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 25 2003, 05:48 PM)
acox914,
Good point.
Maybe you're suppost to grab the roll bar just before impact.  :lol:

well, i DO have a bar under the dash and bar's to the front shock towers/fender-wells.

Andy

i dont think its them moving at you... i thinkits you moving at them before the seatbelts lock-
and a bar infront of your knees cant be a good thing- people already get f-ed up by the underdash in their cars- a steel bar cant feel good on your kneecaps confused24.gif

sorry, i think your wrong Andy
SirAndy
WARNING: blurry pictures ahead ...
(even has some Magenta in it)

1: Bar that goes to the front well / tower area

2: Cross-Bar that runs under the Dash
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Aug 25 2003, 05:52 PM)
i dont think its them moving at you... i thinkits you moving at them before the seatbelts lock-
and a bar infront of your knees cant be a good thing- people already get f-ed up by the underdash in their cars- a steel bar cant feel good on your kneecaps confused24.gif

i don't have no stinking retracteable (sp?) seat-belts ...

i won't move an mm. everything has to come to papa if it want's to touch me laugh.gif
Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Aug 25 2003, 05:52 PM)

the bar goes behind the lower dash pad, btw.
so, even IF, i would hit the dash-pad which should provide at least "some" protection ...

Andy
Aaron Cox
i still dont think that has anythng to do with the placement of your hands (or head) at the point of impact. the cage is irrelavent- when you impact something- everything that is in motion wants to stay in motion- thus your body will keep moving until the instance when the seatbelt locks. you will still smack the guages
Aaron Cox
  i won't move an mm. everything has to come to papa if it want's to touch me  
Andy

how much are your elbows bent when you are driving? i doubt you are driving completely straight armed just to reach the steering wheel. they will hit the dash on impact- with 5 point harness- head is another story
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Aug 25 2003, 06:02 PM)
how much are your elbows bent when you are driving? i doubt you are driving completely straight armed just to reach the steering wheel. they will hit the dash on impact- with 5 point harness- head is another story

just a bit. i barely fit in there anyways.
i don't think my hands will be the problem, unless they would be squashed inbetween the gauge-cluster and steering wheel.
but if the gauge-cluster moves towards me, the steering wheel will do the same. they are on the same piece of metal, not separated.

depending on the speed, i'd be much more concerned about bruises from the belt-harness ...

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Aug 25 2003, 06:02 PM)
they will hit the dash on impact- with 5 point harness-

i usually hold on to my steering wheel rolleyes.gif

again, i only see that happening if i either let go of the steering wheel, in which case my fingers could end up pretty much anywhere, or if the gauge cluster would move towards me and the steering wheel would stay in place (which is highly unlikeley, considering that they're mounted onto each other).

Andy
Aaron Cox
hopefully an accident isnt needed to confirm the outcome.....

im done splat.gif
VegasRacer
I was doing about 50 mph in a RX-7 race car when I T-boned the Vette that did a spin right in front of me. Totaled my car. I did not have any injuries. I figured the next day I would at least be sore and bruised. Nothing.
A snug 5 point harness and a cage worked for me.
VegasRacer
OUCH
redshift
QUOTE(acox914 @ Aug 25 2003, 08:59 PM)
everything that is in motion wants to stay in motion

Paraphrased like that, you ain't kiddin'... I remember being in motion..

I miss being in motion.

...and I guess that Lambo does too..

hey, look, he didn't box his trailing arms..

wink.gif

M
Curvie Roadlover
Hiw do you hit the INSIDE wall on that turn??? blink.gif
redshift
Optical thing, but it looks like that drop-off transition that causes all my oversteer hitting HWY 278.

smile.gif

M
Rusty
I wonder if those wheels would fit on my car. lol3.gif
EdwardBlume
I'll give you $5 for the black car laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
u thinking what im thinking?

mid engine diablo to mid engine porsche engine swap! smash.gif "well make it fit!"
redshift
roflmao..

I think the wheels would fit if ZACH WANTS THEM ... smash.gif

The engine? The intake is as big as a 914.

M
olav
QUOTE(acox914 @ Aug 25 2003, 04:52 PM)
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 25 2003, 05:48 PM)
acox914,
Good point.
Maybe you're suppost to grab the roll bar just before impact.  :lol:

Andy

I wear boxing gloves whenever I go for a drive...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.