Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feel good thread!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Trekkor
Here's your chance to get all a drippy and pay complimants to all your bud's and fellow club members that have helped you, inspired you or otherwise entertained you during this past year.

Reach back into the memory bank, post repeatedly and attach links to the threads if you can.

I'll start:

Randal, thanks for your continued instruction early this year with both driving and a/x course design.

Perry, Gint and Rich H. for the carb sync siminars.

McMark, thanks for the late night help getting the SIX in the car and the time before that a/x. clap.gif

There's more. idea.gif

KT smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
Joe Sharp, Slits, Twystd1, skline, v6914.... motor mentors.......

Miles - my court jester.......

TimT, mugs914, slugmika, - crazy six cylinder nuts........

mueller - insane machinist and innovator....

JP - rocking chair engineer

clay perrine - innovative writeups.....
ThinAir
VegasRacer - Thanks to John for his work on the Route 66 Classic back in June. It got my car back on the road finally and I had a real blast on the twisties going to Oatman!

Greg Robbins - for continuing to come up with ideas for how to get the Arizona teener crowd together. Rock Springs is a great place for breakfast!

Brant, Ferg, and anyone else involved in putting together the Red Rock Classic in Moab. WOW, what fun! Especially chasing Ferg and Mike down that dark, twisty road after dinner on Friday!

And finally, thanks to everyone on this board who responds when I ask for help. I can't even remember all the folks that contributed advice when I was putting together my engine. I know I could not have done it without your help!
redshift
Many teachers, so many friends..

People who have helped me directly know who they are.. I'd hate to leave anyone out..

Thanks, everyone.

M

J P Stein
Thanks for puttin' up with me, guys.
I know I can be a PITA at times....but you outta see the posts I deleted before posting laugh.gif These days I type them up and say to myself..."self, does this need to be said?". Prolly 20 -30 % of the time I answer "nopers" & nuke it.

Many of ya'll are of a different generation than I......others just think differently. That's what make life interesting around here.

This one just barely escaped the nuke and got a "what the hell, post it". biggrin.gif
Trekkor
JP, you are one of the reasons I come here rolleyes.gif

I follow all the fun stuff you do. ( how the arms feelin'? )
Someday we will go head-to-head on the same track.

Won't that be a kick? You should have your rear bar on by then biggrin.gif

KT
Porsche Rescue
This is a fun place with good people, and I'm even older than JP (so all of you young'uns pay attention when we post).
DanT
Thanks to all that have answered my queries in the past. I wish this forum had been around when I had my first 3 914s.
Might not have gotten rid of at least one of them.

Happy New Year to all
Dr. Roger
there's so many people to thank. and a few to kiss my @ss. laugh.gif

but all in all, a great group of people. beerchug.gif

Mucho thanks, all.

Hope to meet you all up north in '06. Perhaps some track time???

aktion035.gif happy11.gif driving.gif

Roger
scotts-toolwench
I haven't been here in so damn long but I can show some love!

Toast- You are one of the niceset and sweetest girls! You were so cool to hang out with at the WCC...

Jenny-You are just the most adorable woman on the planet! If there are people on here who haven't met Jenny then go find her and meet her!

Joe Sharp- What can I say about him? He is the coolest dude on the planet! And he let me sleep in his RV...LOL!

Mrs K- She told me I should pose for my husband nekkid on his car and give it to him for Valentines Day...and I did! LMAO!

Mr.A. Cox (I'm sorry! I just have wanted to say that forever!) - who offered me a diet pepsi at 70 miles an hour!

914rs-thanks for not gettin me killed dancin on the back of that trailer!

Luckie &Turtlegirl- you made me feel so welcome hanging out with you guys! You truly are fantastic.

Miles- It was truly one of my lifes pleasures to see the look on your face when we showed up at your work! Rock on you sexy beast!

And i know I'm forgetting a million people...I am blonde ya know....but...

SLITS- you are the freakin best man! And it just made me hot the way you fondled my bullet! LMAO! laugh.gif wub.gif
J P Stein
Ah, shit.
I already blew the feel good deal. laugh.gif
scotts-toolwench
Holy Mother of Lizards! I forgot Rick and Sandy! And Vegas racer!

I love you...i love you all!

Rick-did you ever get the darn laptop to work?
McMark
Mueller - I don't know if I should thank you for helping motivate my crazy dreams and ideas. Yeah, I should. Thanks! You're keeping me dreaming.

Trekkor - We've butted heads about a lot of things. But I have always appreciated your contrasting opinion. You constantly make me rethink things from a new perspective. And I think it's necessary to have someone who can make you rethink your assumptions.

Rick Ollah - I envy your alien. wink.gif Thanks for your help and advice this year. I knew there was a good reason to loan you my battery hold down clamp at WCC '04.

Brad - You gave me the road that got me where I am. The trips had it's ups and downs, but I wouldn't change anything.

I feel like I'm signing yearbooks. lol2.gif Touchy feely enough for ya? I can't wait for WCC '06. boldblue.gif
Trekkor
KenH thanks for the help at the track!

The ride along at Sears was very helpful.
Now, the lead follow at Laguna was priceless clap.gif

KT
airsix
I just wrote a big long post and then deleted it because there are too many people to list and I didn't want to leave people out.

I'll just say "Thanks everybody".

-Ben M.
plas76targa
Trekor - great idea! I’ll bump this back to the top! Happy New Year to all.

There are so many to honor and thank, as we've all said: that's what makes this place so great. I can’t name you all but here are a few …

Itsa914 – Garold gave me a relay board which resolved the first “problem” on my 914, a prime example of this “club’s” mutual support.

McMark - who worked for an hour chasing vacuum leaks on my car, after one of his infamous cookouts! ..and months later fabricated a tow bar that I used to tow my 914 from CA to MD last summer. Thanks!!!

Brad - who I met at one of the many I-Hop breakfasts in the bay area. And got me started on this place

Leo Imperial - who joined us to caravan to WCC05 and took great pictures of our progress

Marty Yeoman – met at a breakfast and caravaned to WCC05.. also gave me a CV bolt tool shortly before I moved back to MD.

Eric Shea – who gave me an impromptu tour of SLC last summer. (and I a owe him a set of brake calipers .. still).

..and the many rest of you who I’ve met or briefly spoken with at breakfasts, WCC05, and Kerry’s ECC05. Just plain a great bunch of folks.
MoveQik
Thanks to everyone that had a hand in RRC.

Thanks to Dan(XITSPD) for being so great to work with regarding my harnesses

Thanks to everyone that replied to a post in which I was asking for help.

Thanks to all the folks that sell stuff here on the board. You are all great to work with.

Thanks to TrojanMan for letting me buy you those fugly club covers headbang.gif

I hope you all stay sweet and have a great summer...wait a minute...nevermind.
bd1308
People from the L-Jet Thread==Thank you very much.

AA-thanks for helping me out. But I helped you out too, so we're even tongue.gif

Miles- Thanks for helping me with the first valve adjustment. It wasn't the last one either, so I'm apparently doing it right.

Rick-Thanks for the encouragement for my secret endavours(sp), oh and helping me with spring cleaning smile.gif

Rich D.- Thanks for helping me out with some L-Jet parts.

I know there are many more people out there (my brain doesnt work well), so I thank you.

b
IronHillRestorations
Good idea Trekkor! We always find time to grip, and it's always good to show the love wink.gif

All my parts, service, & resto customers wub.gif

The "1st Midwest group" - Jim & Laurie Blakewell, Dennis & Linda Carter, Brad Mayeur, Rich & Diane Johnson, Glenn Stazak, Charles Burks

Our new friends in St. Louis (sorry if I didn't retain spouses names wacko.gif or got them wrong)- Dave & Vicki, Gary & Cindy, Matt & Mrs, Kevin & Mrs, Shelby(wanna trade that slope nose???) & Dad. We had a great time!

The TX Renegades ! Billy & Dorene, Don & Steph, Richard & Reva, Joe Y, Clay & Betty, & a cast of 1000's

My wife, Sindy who puts up with my hobby/obsession/2nd job. My kids Sam & Morgan, who'll probably be posting here ten years from now.

Glennn Stazak again, for his work back in the dgi.net days. If you hadn't kept the thing alive during those years, we probably wouldn't be posting here today.

Sir Andy
To paraphrase Leslie Horwinkle "If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here now would we"

Lastly Barbara LaFargue, and ^Sir Alex Buller^ (RIP), who started the Porsche 914 Club back in Oakley, CA in 1995. If it wasn't for these two groovy 60's refugees and their love of the 914, I wouldn't have most of the friends listed above, or met my wife!
TINCAN914
Thanks for allthe great advice from everyone. Being a newbie, I had and have so many questions that have been answered by so many of you.I took this insane challange on withmy son Kyle 11. This issomething I have always wanted to do, but never had the knowledge. If it was not for Aaron Cox, Matt R, Slits, skline, Twyst, Albert, Brad, Brandon, BJ, Trojanman, Headrage for driving down from Fresno just to drop off a spare rear clip to helpa brother out, not to mention countless others. If it was not for them, I think I would have ran out of the garage screaming.... headbang.gif
I look at some of the amazing cars on this web site, and it keeps me driven to complete my project.
Thanks to everyone for puting up with my mindless questions..
Everyone have a safe and wonderful "06"
mikerose
Mike Mueller beerchug.gif Thanks, when ever I needed any help you were just a phone call away pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif And when you needed a car for wcc05 who gave you one to use? cool_shades.gif What more can I say but a big thanks beerchug.gif

Mike cool_shades.gif
DonTraver
This place rocks, thanks to all for all the on and off topic help. No more hit & runs for 2006.

Take Care, Don
SLITS
Best wishes to all whose threads I have hijacked.......

I love the banter we have cross state lines and borders (not to mention the pond).

This is a tight knit group in many respects even though we may not have met each other face to face.

And I'm still fondling that bullet drooley.gif

So HNY... aaronmattbrandonscottjoe1joe2bradandytrekkoralison(withoneL)claytonbrittmileskev
in1kevin2danlisadorothyalbertcarlosjoe3lizjohnjimgregmartinjennybriancraigscott1
scott2iandanandyandy1

andrewmarkrandyjpbernieyaroongustihowieallanjohnandanyoneelseihaveforgottengodIh
avebrainfadenow.........................

user posted imageuser posted image

RON S.
I gotta thank Aaron Cox, smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

You're tips this past year for swappin out 944 axles & cv's for my teener probably saved me a GRAND from buying a off the shelf bolt in assy.from PMS.

To everyone else,Everyone here seems to be a teacher and mentor to everyone else.

Here's to some great ideas and corner cutting in '06. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ron
redshift
Ok, it's time for this thread to be moved to the sandbox!

M
JoeSharp
agree.gif Yeah! What they said.
:tearyeyedsmily: Joe
goose2
I've received so much help and inspiration from club members in the few months since I joined it's hard to know where to start. It was about 8 months ago when I bought my first 914....and now I'm on my 5th car, building a big six with all the goodies. It wouldn't have been possible without you folks. I'm very grateful to all of you who have bought parts from me, helping to fund my addiction....and equally grateful to those who have helped me source parts and buy them at "club discounts". Also grateful for the "gurus" (we all know who they are) who have accelerated my 914 learning curve immeasurably, and for the administrators who make it all possible.
With the certainty of missing someone (so many have helped), I'd like to thank a few folks specifically:
Eric Taylor....for your enthusiasm and wrenching assistance
Steve Hill....restored my faith in the Porsche community
Kevin Powers....the great parts relay and general good will
James Hogue....all kinds of help
Eric Shea......great advice and killer parts...and patience
Craig Laughlin....always a pleasure to do business with
Jeff Hines......for advice freely given to a 6 newbie
Jim Chambers....deals on wheels
Dan Root....for my current "platform"
Rich Bontempi.....parts supplier extraordinaire
Rich Herzog......invaluable source of knowledge to the club
Gustl....love "name that car"
Capt. Crusty, Slits, JP, Miles, Z, and others whose unique mix of wit and wisdom makes it real.
All the club members who are making parts for our toys.

OK, gotta stop now...coffee's cold, fingers tired...happy new year all. beerchug.gif
Series9
This is a FANTASTIC group of people and I think we are very lucky to be here together.

Who are my favorites? The members who have shaken my hand and then gone on to become one of my valued friends. You guys know who you are.
JoeSharp
:teareyedsmily:Joe
Howard
Feels good?

Three way tie. /Linda, Mrs K, and Toast. Best hugs in town wub.gif
Z and slits are OK, Aaron hugs back too much.

Lou W
Thanks to everyone here who answer questions, sometimes dumb questions, that others ask that I really wanted to know the answers to, but was too embarrassed to ask. huh.gif

Thanks to those who post their progress threads of their teeners, they are a great inspiration to us who sometimes feel like we've taken on more than we should have. beerchug.gif

Thanks to all who organize events and thanks to the people that post the pictures.

Thanks to everyone that have answered quetions that I've had.

Thanks for the quality products that many of the club members sell.

Thanks to Gustl and his "name this car contests" and all who contribute. Fun stuff. smile.gif

Thanks to the people who invented the 914club.

Thanks to Al Gore for inventing the internent. laugh.gif

Happy New Year clap.gif
Mrs. K
Aaawww......I love you all wub.gif

Howard- for being you and the photo shoot wacko.gif

Roger- great calendar....new friend! clap.gif

Miles- Miss you....glad you are back sheeplove.gif

"*"- Nice drive by posting the other day! Come HOME ALREADY! bootyshake.gif

Shea- nice photo shopping cat.gif

A-aron & Matt - You guys rock! tunez.gif

Elliot - Great guy! mueba.gif

Scruz914 - Great meeting you and your friend at the Giant's game! popcorn[1].gif

Slits - Thanks for the ironing tips wink.gif

Joe Sharp - I love ya man wub.gif

Dr. Evil - Awesome! clap.gif

JimTab and the Mrs - great meeting you both at WCC 05! beerchug.gif

Rick and Sandy - Wonderful to have shared 2 WCC's with you guys beer.gif

VegasRacer - Great to see you again this year too rolleyes.gif

Skline - you got me into this obsession anyway! jester.gif

Toast, /L., ScottsToolwench, Lucky, Turtlegirl, Alison, JENNY, and all the other ladies here....you are a great group! wub.gif

Special remembrance to little ^Easton^and his family!

Happy New Year everyone.....(if I forgot someone I'm sorry!)

Lisa driving-girl.gif
Dr Evil
Great idea! smilie_pokal.gif

I will miss including some, but it is only because there are so manny and my mind is not exactly my own wink.gif

Red-beard First and formost, James. Your continued generousity and friendship leaves me hoping only to be worthy of it.

Cloudbuster Mark has always been available to help me out when I needed it. to only name a few things, he hauled stuff from my house, traded me a nice motorcycle cover for a tarp, and is currently storing the motorcycle that I didn't have room to move in my truck when I came east.

KDFoust Just a real cool dude that I am glad to see around here again. He bought my exhausted 2.0 to help me get on my way to my 2.7 /6.

DonTraver My old neighbor. Like everyone else a realy generous guy that helped me drain, remove, fix, and re install my diesel gas tank ....in his driveway.

Dan Root For thinking outside the box

sean_V8_914 Parts, parts storage, and friendship.

Herb Meeder Just a really nice guy and great to hang out with. I tried to sell him parts for a sandwicha nd he insisted on paying enough to buy lunch and dinner wink.gif

Jonnyx Showed me Le Mans for the first time.

one914racer Thomas is one of the kindest guys. He helped me out with my mege jolt conversion (still underway), brought me parts, and showed up to collect my stash (and some junk) when I moved to PA.

PKRMNY Awsome grub.

Skline Friendship and a place for Joe Buckle to cook.

Twysted1 For always being a homey.

LeoImperial for being cool to hang out with at the WCC 05.

Aaron, Matt, Brando For always being the but of the joke (and right good sports about it wink.gif )

Bondo For being you.

jkeyzer For keeping intouch.

Fiid For constantly trying to help me with my programming issues on my mega jolt.

f4i For visiting CA when you did and for making me some kick ass one off parts.

Joe Sharp He let me use one of his 914s for the WCC 05 before he even realy knew me. That and all of the drunken groping at the WCC is worth a thank you rolleyes.gif

Elliot Cannon Just being you.

Mueller for being cool and for the free wheel for my mega jolt.

Mrs. K For the free rags..I am out finally wink.gif

Toast Beer and friendship.

SLITS For always cooking at D&Gs, parts generousity, and for being such a wiseass.

lagunero For being open to being a business partner and for being an all around cool guy.

Markydoo dude, hanging with you in my last weeks was awsome. Your car is spectacular as is your house. Great times.

Denny Usually a silent member, but he was always been willing to help out.

Jim Tab And Ms Tab biggrin.gif You guys are very fun to hang with. I am sorry that we couldn't make it up before we left. Jim let me use his car on the track for WCC 05. Brave or stupid? wink.gif

All of my customers you have mad supplying you all with car stuff a real pleasure. Your continued patronage enabled me to get my car done before I moved. Thank you all very much.

East Coast:

ScottB Thanks for organizing the warm welcome for Noel and I to the east coast, the beer, the BBQ, and for checking in on me from time to time to see if I have been committed yet.

Kerry Herr For the ECC and your awsome hospitality.

Scott Thatcher For always offering to help.

My other new east coast homies (not spell checked)
Wilchek, artechnika, the other dude who showed up to welcome us and I can not remember his name for the life of me (sorry)

Anyone else that I missed.
Dr Evil
Oh ya, Jenny, Gint and Ms. Gint, Linda, Lisa...I am sure that there is more.
Dr Evil
Special thanks to Andy and Brad for your continued support of this board.
r_towle
[B][U][SIZE=14]SIR ANDY! for putting up with the crap.
Dave-O
ottox914: Special thanks for all the advice, food, beer, and free parts I could ever want. We'll finish that top-secret project before the snow melts.

I'd also like to thank:

aircooledboy: for parts that I wasn't even allowed to pay for.

andy and brad for making this thing happen

mueller for trying new things and offering great advice

All the SCCA autocrossers for running with the big boys

All the people still autocrossing these old things for keeping it real

Anyone who I have either bought parts from or sold parts to

And anyone who has ever offered me advice.

You guys rock!!!
/L.
A BIG Special THANK YOU and showing LOVE wub.gif to Joe Sharp and Chop-Chop Thomas. They got my car running, taught me so much and putting up with me. pray.gif Those two are my Pals and Great friends.
Now for the rest of the club beer.gif You are the Greatest group of folks!! smilie_pokal.gif Thanks for keeping the friendship and the common interest alive.
I hope to meet more of you fine people at the WCC'06.
Have a wonderful New Year! and party on... smoke.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif

Trekkor
Yes, Rich Bontempi. He's good clap.gif
Everytime I order parts he has it in the mail that night and I never wait longer than 2 days. Usally 18-20 hours.

Sir Andy, for keeping a roof over our head. rolleyes.gif And helping me post my videos.

Brad...He has given me much advice ( I don't listen to all of it ) Thanks for the suspension set-up and the duties at THill's 25.

KT

pete-stevers
OK the list is way to long...from me, Sher, Markus, and ^Easton^.....we all say thanks, not a day passes with out the memory of what the guys on the club did for us.....

Cheers
steve Peters
type47
thanks to kerry herr for hosting the mid-atlantic mid-engined ramble/BarBQ/gathering. i had a great time and it was a great drive.
spare time toys
I want to thenk Rick Ollah for all the help (making parts I would have no idea how to and slicing off about 1.5 inches of trans case wink.gif ) and guidance so far in my conversion.

And Clay for the help point me in the correct orentation on my quest when I start to stray.

And all the DFW guys who I have met.

Then there is the Thachers who came by to fix on the Porscharu after the DFW breakfast.

Can not forget Scott Kline for the smokn deal on the 928. All of the wonderfully noice folks I met up at the AX in Riverside i think it was, and Aaron for giving me a ride around the block while we were out there picking up the car from Scott
jr91472
Thanks to Clay for bailing me out when my tranny exploded. (I still have your jig and haven't forgotten btw). And thanks for introducing me to the local 914 crowd.

Joseph222: Thanks for putting on the Talemina Drive! Can't wait for the next one!

To everyone else: you have great taste in cars lol2.gif lol2.gif
tat2dphreak
where do I even freakin' start? this whole club deserves a thanks... so, if I forget someone... my bad

Brad: thanks for shooting straight, even if some people thinks it makes you an asshole.

Clay: thanks for coming over, helping out with the PPI, and giving me a much needed 914 driving fix. and giving me the fun job of designing the voting ballots for MUSR

Larry: thanks for picking up the shirt at MUSR, the cd player, and just being a great person and neighbor in general...

Mueller: thanks for the shirt and the constant innovation you've brought to the club, I sincerley hope these troubling times pass soon...

Mikez: even if you aren't around much anymore, I always enjoyed your light-heartedness, thanks for that

Jake: thanks for being the most knowledgeable T4 guy around, and being willing to share the wealth of knowledge and experience with idiots like me...

Sir Andy: the biggest thank you of all: thank you for keeping this site on the ground, don't know what I'd do without this non-club!

everyone else: thank you for your experience, knowledge, and just plain being here!
tat2dphreak
Oh and VegasRacer for the group-buy on pr0n biggrin.gif
jimtab
Wow, how the hell do you cover all this....I guess first Andy and Brad for the start of all this...at least this chapter. Mike for doing the heavy lifting on getting my car Beautiful...and Leo for his "guy" in San Rafael. Rich Bontempi for being a reliable wrench 'cause I'm a shit mechanic...oh well...Jen and the others who have kept the Bay area breakfasts going...it's always good to get together. Howard...hellova wcc05 you and your mirmidons put together....Joe, thanks for the Tequila, I think....everyone who came out for the Vintage deal at Laguna...it was great. And, thanks to everyone who helped keep this site and this group of people real, and together....you know who you are even if I'm not sure. Everyone who put together a run, up the coast, down the East bay. Wherever. This kind of stuff is why this lash-up works...kinda unbelieveable really.... pray.gif Oh yeah, and my wife who puts up with this even though she likes her Miata better than my Porsche.... confused24.gif happy11.gif
bernbomb914
I would thank Brad Roberts first because he had a big impact on me spending way to much money and time on a hopeless cause (any 914) that allowed me to spend many hours with my sons working on it. then all the rest of you on this forum that kept me informed and entertained for the last 3 years. PS silts for the extra effort he has made on my behalf I have enjoyed all of you.

Bernie
Type 4 Unleashed
This Club is a wonderous thing, it spans the globe, but would be nothing, without ALL the GREAT people, that make it up, the Wealth of Knowledge and Experience, that is shared on a daily bases, I don't think can be found anywhere else.

What I've learned from everyone, has shown me how little I know. happy11.gif

I, want to say I've had the pleasure to meet only some of the members. and can't wait to meet the rest.

Here are just a few of the great people I've got to meet:

Skline, Aaron, Clayton, Brandon, Joe Sharp, Joe Buckle, Ron, Toast , Mrs.K, Zois, Brian, Eddie and many more.

The New Year is almost here, and it's gonna be better than this one.

And I think for the new year, we need to help all the guys in the Jack Stand Club, to move up to the Driving Club happy11.gif

Happy New Year to Everyone
Dr Evil
My list has been expanded biggrin.gif

Its neat to realize that more people here have been pals than I can remember in one shot.
IanStott
Jake Raby has been very helpful to me and has treated me very good on price for the things I have purchased to date.
Kevin Groot supplied me with a much needed engine support bar.
Rich Herzog has been very helpful and informative.
There are many others on this site that make it such a great group to belong to.
Thanks a bunch to all of you and remember, those of us on the emergency contact list are there to be helpful!! For me it is one way of being a good club member and helping others in a way available to me!

All the best in 2006!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.