Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy New Year
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
I'm assuming there are no teeners on the island, if there are any, then PM me soon!!

I'm currently staying with my folks on the Isle of Man, which is a small island tucked between England and Ireland. This is the site of the famous TT motorbike races, (which I think you can see on Speedvision). Right now the island is very cold (icy conditions), but I yearn to bring a teener here in the summer - the island is literally covered with twisties and most of them have no speed limits if you are between towns/villages. People with teeners in the UK might want to head out here in the summer for some fun.

I'm only on a dialup connection (yargh!) - so just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a happy new years and say thanks for all the help to the gazillions of people who have contributed to my project... even if it was just an idea or an opinion - it's all been hugely valuable and is greatly appreciated.

Also - wanted to send good wishes to people in Texas and Oklahoma who are hopefully not affected by the wildfires.

Anyways, hope all is well with everyone and may there be much tire wear and no flatspots or lost paint in the new year.

Later!

Fiid.

clap.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
richardL
Porsche Club GB has runs to the Island almost every year. Sure is fun on those roads.

R
FlatSix
Fiid,

Welcome back to this side of the pond. We met up a couple of years back in Hooters!

Happy new year! We get to enjoy it earlier here (but I guess the Aussies will have something to say about that).

Andrew
Mueller
Hi Fiid....next time you leave for so long you could at least give me the keys to your 914 so it's get some useage smile.gif

I think there is at least one GT2 or GT3 over there on the Isle...thought i read about it a few months ago in one of the mags printed over there.....

neo914-6
Did you know the Audi TT was named after the IOM Tourists Trophy?

I miss travel, need to finish my project so I won't be so travel broke... sad.gif

Have fun and post pics when you get back!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.