Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.7 w/CIS Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
It looks like I might be swapping my leaky, ill running carbed 2.7 with another 2.7 running CIS. I would like to relocate the fuel pump to the front under the tank but was wondering about where to tap into for power. Fuse panel?

Also, on the t4 2.0 w/d-jet, the pump only ran for a couple of seconds and shut off after it had pressure. Does the cis fuel pump do the same thing or does it run continuously?

Tx...
r_towle
Hi,
I dont know about the CIS question, but I found that the easiest way to move the pump...

I went to Home depot and found a double wire cased in its own casing...

I ran that up the tunnel from the rear, connected it to the fuel pump wiring in the rear and then to the pump up front...

That way its all wired through the correct relays etc...

Now with djet the pump shuts down while starting only...after that it is running all the time.

I think CIS can handle that as well.
The idea is to devote all power to the starting circuit...

Once you have the system up to pressure, the car will start, you move the key back to run and the pump will run...

Now, saying that, I believe that it may be controlled by the computer, if not its the relay.

SirAndy had a thread here about how to jumper the relay board to make the pump run for carbs...

Rich
SLITS
Since you don't have a brain Allan lol2.gif you will have to wire the pump to run continuously.............

And I still want to make a lamp.......... biggrin.gif
Allan
So does that mean I can run it from any of the switched circuits on the fuse panel or does it need to be a certain one?

BTW Ron, got a CIS fuel pump? cool.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Headrage @ Dec 30 2005, 10:40 AM)
So does that mean I can run it from any of the switched circuits on the fuse panel or does it need to be a certain one?

BTW Ron, got a CIS fuel pump? cool.gif

what year on the 2.7....I'll look it up and see

You can run switched power from the fuse panel or run wires thru the tunnel from the main harness (where the fuel pump normally connects) and jumper the relay.

Your car already has constant power for the carbs....just use those wires to power a CIS pump........I am not familiar with the output of the CIS pump, but from my Volvo days, I think it's at about 60+ psi.
goose2
The CIS pump puts out something like 70 psi....I don't think the original plastic lines are going to like that if you put the pump up front. I'm doing CIS on a 3.0 and I'll either put the pump in back or replace the lines with steel. I got a pump on eBay for $60 if I remember correctly.
SLITS
Randy...from your sig, a Formula Ford powered Bugeye? Ford 105E block, etc, etc?

To hell with the CIS and a sixer.....Bugeye wub.gif
Allan
No plastic lines for me. As soon as I find out if the swap is going to happen, I'm replacing everything with stainless and new high pressure lines.
rhodyguy
is the CIS pump a full time deal when you turn the key? would andy's nifty pump ground trick (in the classics) do the job?

k
SLITS
In the conversions, unless there is a brain with fuel pump circuitry innvolved, most pumps are wired continuous...which I really hate.

There is an oil pressure switch which will cut the fuel pump off if there is a loss of pressure (stalled engine). It pulls power for startup from the starter and then switches to normal switched power as the oil pressure builds....so, in case of an accident where the key is still on, the pump quits pumping fuel.
goose2
Randy...from your sig, a Formula Ford powered Bugeye? Ford 105E block, etc, etc?

There you go...hijacking again ph34r.gif Yeah...tweaked 105E Corvette killer. I'll post some pics sometime. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.