Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me ID these calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I was told they are off an 85, 911 here are the photos of the markings.
spare time toys
Any ideas as to what they are S or M or what confused24.gif how do I tell
spare time toys
forgot this side
SLITS
Larry....Porsche doesn't put part numbers on their calipers for the most part, except for some Brembos.

If the spacing is 3.5"....they would be "M" more than likely....The only "S" calipers I know of are aluminum.

Shoot an image of the top too!

goose2
Isn't m 3 inch... a and s 3.5?
SLITS
Damn Krauts...can't they follow the alphabet mad.gif ?

You're prolly correct...........
736conver
Somewhere in the mid late 70's I thought everything went to 3.5" Those look like carrera front calipers. Which I believe would need a thicker rotor.
spare time toys
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 30 2005, 11:59 AM)
If the spacing is 3.5"....they would be "M" more than likely....The only "S" calipers I know of are aluminum.

Shoot an image of the top too!

Here is the top. they are not alum. I checked with a magnet.
spare time toys
view of the bot.
spare time toys
I do know they dont open up enough for these rotors
davep
Well, you really need to provide some dimensions: bolt hole spacing, length of pad and width between the pistons. Even the width between the pads will help.

They look like an A caliper which is a cast iron S size. I don't recall the brake line inlet there though.
TimT
I was just going to post about the inlet for the brake line. I havent seen a 911 caliper that connects in that fashion. But then I havent seen all iterations of 911 calipers.
Eric_Shea
Those are A-Calipers. 3.5" spacing and steel (cast iron, sorry Dave) wink.gif

And... that would have been the correct caliper for what they said they came off. beerchug.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Dec 30 2005, 09:20 PM)
Those are A-Calipers. 3.5" spacing and steel (cast iron, sorry Dave) wink.gif

And... that would have been the correct caliper for what they said they came off. beerchug.gif

Thanks Eric beerchug.gif

Yep 3.5 space sorry I forgot to put that in here. Wanted to be sure I got what I was supposed to get.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.