Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse box relays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dennisc
OK--1973--1.7
Haynes shows a buzzer--I don't have a buzzer but a relay where they show a buzzer. What is this relay for? Horn?? Also what is the extra relay plugin for? Battery is out or I could experiment. Help appreciated.
SLITS
What For is where the buzzer goes..............somebody stuck the wrong thingy in there or rewired the car.
Chris Pincetich
My 1972 1.7 looks the same...I have a cool little jump start box hooked up to the dead battery and am troubleshooting headlight/foglight issues. I just swapped with the JWest fuse board and that didn't fix anything.

Since the part # is the same, I placed the headlight motor relays, which work, in both missing relay ports, but nothing new happened - this could be because my low beams, fog lights, horn, and frsh air blower aren't working and the relay is not the fix. You could try this - but like I said before my fuse relays looked the same as yours.
screwy.gif

I plan to get back to work in there this afternoon- current meter, battery charger, and Haynes at the ready. I plan to finish installing the JWest foglight/driving light upgrade then have working foglights as this should bypass a bad headlight switch (I think). At least the high beams work!

I'm very inerested in more info too! Any tips on the no lowbeams but high beams work issue would also be greatly appreciated!

beerchug.gif
dennisc
Mine is an early 73 so probably would be same relay board as yours. I have had low but no high beams. A new dimmer relay solved my problem. My fresh air fan also does not work.
motorhead
Horn relay I think. Had mine apart last week to get the horn to work, and I'm pretty sure that's the one I traced down to the horn. Not 100% sure though. Pull it out and try the horn.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.