Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windage tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KevinP
What is the reasoning for placing the 4 rubber like pieces on the windage tray? Is this just vibration dampening or keeps the tray in place so it doesn't jump around? (Both)

Can they be left out upon reassembly of the case halves? I think I checked the prices on these and found them to be some ungodly price!

Having a problem locating a source at a reasonable price.

THX

KP flag.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
Hi, Kevin an alternative to the OE rubbers, is to find a vaccum hose size that fits the channel's, (remember it will be a little wider after it's Slits, and installed on the tray) , cut it to size, then slice it with a razor, and you have cheap replacements.
Bleyseng
Why did you toss the old ones??? WTF

Jake Raby probably has a ton of good used ones, call/email him
Brando
You can also buy new ones from Greg at FAT performance. I have a set I got for a few bucks. Shoot me a PM if you want them. They look like OEM seals.
Allan
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Dec 30 2005, 05:23 PM)
Why did you toss the old ones??? WTF

agree.gif Why do you need them? They last forever unless they are either missing upon a rebuild or stolen from your motor (which would be tough without you knowing).

Ask around, i.e. Jake or another motor builder....
JoeSharp
Fat has them $11 each.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
SLITS
If you analyze it, the seals would restrict oil drainage at the edges,

but

With the edges unsealed, you would have oil slosh on corners, hard accel/deacceleration, which would wind up back in the spinning crank (loss of HP) and possible starvation of the oil pump as the oil moves aways from the pickup area.

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.