Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-Assy Fasteners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d7n7master
Hi All,
I'm in the process of re-installing my engine in my '73.
Many of the nuts & bolts I removed to drop the engine have seen better days.
Is there a hardware "kit" that I can buy that replaces all of the bolts, nuts, & washers I need to re-install the engine??? I especially need the bolts that attach the motor mount brkts to the engine & the bolts & nuts that attach the engine mount.
Thanks,
Here's a pic of my rebuilt 2165 "almost" is ready to install.
URY914
Seems you've been kinda left hangin'...

No I don't know of a kit of nuts and bolts, but I bet if you were to list the ones you need in the classifieds people have them.

You could also take them down to a commerical type supplier they could match them up with new ones. Home Depot and Lowes always seem to be out of the right size metric ones when I need them. Check in your yellow pages. I have also heard the a Catapiller tractor dealer has every size in metric.

You could also go the mail order route. McMaster/Carr or Granger will have them for sure,

Paul
MecGen
Hi

I don't thing that there is a kit but AA used to sell a bag of assorted used bolts.. cool.gif

Cat does use a lot of metric bolts but you will be paying for the box...

Happy hunting

beer.gif
davep
I believe that nuts, in general, are all the same grade and are available in various finishes if that matters. On the other hand, the bolts DO come in many grades according to the job they are expected to do. The grade is marked on the head, and replacements should always be the same grade. The big trick is to know where each bolt came from.
Tom Perso
I think Jake Raby's store has a whole hardware kit you can buy.

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/p...&cat=300&page=2

Tom
lincoln
actually , since im up cuz some idiot was callin at 3 am , nuts also come in diff grades- for the laoder / dump type trucks we build at work tho we only use grades 8 and 5 8s on major stress areas like frame and rest usually the grade 5s
URY914
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ Dec 31 2005, 05:08 AM)
I think Jake Raby's store has a whole hardware kit you can buy.

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/p...&cat=300&page=2

Tom

I was thinkin' that if anyone would have a kit pulled together it would be Jake, but I did't know for sure and didn't check. Now I know.

Paul wink.gif
Jake Raby
That hardware kit has every nut, bolt and washer to build a T IV longblock... We count every piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.