Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suggested carbs for 1.8?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lincoln
since main driver car just went south in the trans dept it looks to be quite a while til ill be at a point to swap motors- i might be able to swing for dual carbs like webers or dells

want em to be purdy and add power also heheh

so what would be best set up to look for- yes i considered FI but right now it would only confuse me a LOT as im just starting to learn bout this car

and yea i AM writing all this down so ill have a list to go buy (by) later

so far im up to needing new brake rotors and likely calipers, targa in good shape with good seals, new or good condition rockers , reupholster interior- backpad mostly as seats are probly just easier to find good shape- also considering aftermarket seats, better exhaust , compromise of performance with sound reduction while still sounding nice. new road shocks with a softer ride- likely will go with bilsteins or konis

for now im unable to do much til about jan 20 or so as thats when my next free paycheck is gonna be

likely will just get some cheapy seatcovers for seats til a later date- hugely due to gonna need to either get a new driver car for myself and daughter to use or have trans rebuilt in this one

with luck ill be able to get body work done by mid to late feb and hopefully get the repaint then

really wanna get stuff done on er but as we all know no coin means no goodies - plus im already down about 250 - 300 for a new digi cam for my daughter
MecGen
Hello

As I am sure you know that adding carbs, to a stock motor, is a downgrade....BUT if you have any plans to beef the innards at bit, they are a great solution.

My Dells 36s, work fine for my cammed 2.0l, I think Empi carbs, are an economical choice. Bugshops carry Empi's, and I think a couple of our vendors might have them. I have heard good and bad about them, like every carb on the market.

Personaly, I was going for a FI system, but my Dells work so well.

I don't know what kind of check your expecting, but they are other expences involved with a carb conversion...run a search on it and you will have a lot of info from the been there, doing that department pray.gif

Good luck
+Karma

beer.gif
JoeSharp
As you have seen lately this starts a lot of crap.
Go with the Empi but you'll need to change out the linkage for a CB Hex Bar.
Your distrubtor is fine for the conversion. I'd put an Igniter in it.
CB fule Pump also, the Facaet requires a regullator and the CB comes with one with the correct pressure.
You'll will need to fab up some brackets for the linkage and cut a Hex bar. I can send you Pictures of my brackets, and I hve Hex bar I can cut for you here and send it to you if you can't find it.
I've done this to a 1.7 and a 1.8, and in the next month I'm going to do it to a 2.0.
Lindas engine before instalation.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Cap'n Krusty
Why not just fix/replace the trans in the daily driver? Contact me privately and we'll see what we can do. The Cap'n
lincoln
well daily driver right now is an 87 dodge shadow i picked up cheap for $ 400 just to have a car that ran- with the intent of if it breaks we will have gotten our money out of it at least -needs a PS pump also but steers ok without it- like non power steering not even a squeak - basically yesterday it lost 3rd and reverse. from what i seem to recall an R&R on a trans was bout 500 and thats not adding in the rebuild cost, tho i might get lucky and find the transaxle cheaper and maybe even a shop that will do it for less, ive no experience at all in working on it either as all my previous cars have all been late 60s models with a regular trans

my 69 dart had a 4 spd i got to the point of being able to drop, rebuild/repair, and reinstall in about 8 hours solo]
but these FWD cars are something altogether different to me

plan was to get a sentra a friend was selling in january then sell off the shadow cuz id have the 914 as my car so sentra would go to my daughter. waiting now for a return call to see if friend can hold that car til mid jan or possibly let us have it early then pay him in january

dmv fees to road register baby blue is only $100 unless i wait til feb 17 when ill only have to pay $49- was actually at dmv when reverse went out.

bright side i guess is there were a lot of these cars built in the 80s that are all interchangable on parts

heheh kids afraid of driving a stick so she flat out refuses to admit the porsche is a cool car- shes holding her own dram for a nice mitsu eclipse- told her she couldnt get 1 til she put in her time of wanting one herself lol
lincoln
almost forgot- would 40 idf webers work ? right now im using a single pregressive 2 bbl . is a pair im looking at in bakersfield guy wants $250 for with carbs, manifolds,filters and linkage
Allan
QUOTE (lincoln @ Dec 31 2005, 09:14 AM)
almost forgot- would 40 idf webers work ? right now im using a single pregressive 2 bbl . is a pair im looking at in bakersfield guy wants $250 for with carbs, manifolds,filters and linkage

I don't know much about carbs but if they are real webers with all of the accessories, that seems like a really good deal.
morph
QUOTE (lincoln @ Dec 31 2005, 09:14 AM)

if you want to go with dual carbs the idf is one of the better ones to get,and that isa good deal.
james
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.