Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just a dumb question.......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Just wondering..............It seems Patrick Motor Sports builds quite a few really nice cars, but I've never seen one on this site. I would love to see more detail on some of the cars from their website gallery.

Do we have any PMS 3.6 (or any other engine) car recipients here??

It seems damn near every 914 in the world shows up here sooner or later, but I've never seen any of his cars here, just seems odd??
Steve
There are allot of us including myself that have bought parts from PMS, but the cars he builds are usually for the rich that don't work on there own cars.
I used to live in Chandler, AZ and used to visit his shop all the time and druel over his work.
His work is first class and I wouldn't even try to guess what it would cost to build one of his 3.6 liter beasts from scratch.
While I lived there I watched him build two exact IMSA 914-6GT clones for a rich guy in Mexico.
I have seen PMS cars in magazines such as European Car.
I might be stereotyping but most of the people on this site build and work on there own cars.
I'm not saying that we are poor but most of the topics on this site are about building and modifying 914's.
Flat VW
I have one, please see the link in my signature below...

John wavey.gif

P.S. Just a 4 though..... driving.gif
East coaster
Sweet car John! Love the color.
jim912928
John...gorgeous car!
Flat VW
{ in my best Elvis voice, fat Elvis, [white jumpsuit complete with rhinestones and sequins and a white silk scarf], including lip curl}

"Thank you..... thank you very much......."

John w00t.gif

P.S. It is an original '74 color ( the car is a '74 chassis), Delphi Green with a tan interior.
gregrobbins

His work is first class and I wouldn't even try to guess what it would cost to build one of his 3.6 liter beasts from scratch.

Jim does great work, has an excellent team and is really nice and helpful. PCA had their December monthly meeting at his shop. There was a 914 in progress with a big six. I over heard him state a price of well over 50K. Worth every penny. Amazing detail and prefect finish.

After the meeting, I started playing the lottery again. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Someone posted this pic of a PMS Car.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
brant
I think that a lot of nice 914's never show up on this website.
I know for a fact there are probably 15 amazing race cars in colorado that never shown up here...... One of them is a 4cylinder PCA GT-5 car that will usually beat all challengers. (I think it was some huge amount... 10seconds a lap faster than HPH's car at a CA event they attended mutually)

my opinion is similar to the above ones about the PMS cars.
the owners of those vehicles are either too busy working on them, too busy driving them, or just don't take as much satisfaction from talking about their cars.

brant
Steve
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Dec 31 2005, 08:44 AM)
I have one, please see the link in my signature below...

John wavey.gif

P.S. Just a 4 though..... driving.gif

I saw your car at Joe Sharps house.
Beautiful car.
I think you did pay less than $20k for your car.
Proved me wrong.
You don't have to be rich to own a PMS car!!!
But it probably helps!!
beerchug.gif
TravisNeff
I think that car was pretty much double the purchase price that John got the car from. He got a great deal in my opinion. The original owner who had PMS build that car said he had more into his 914 than his new boxster.
nine14cats
I have used mostly PMS parts in my 914-6 conversions and even have quite a few parts on my 993 motor inside the track 911. Jim has always been great with me on the phone and has even followed up with phone calls and e-mails to me. And the one time I had a quality issue with a part, he sent a replacement immediately.

I was talking with some folks from LA the other day and one of them said either the 914-6 2.0 speedster pictured above or a replica built for HSR/VARA was recently sold by Jim as a turn key race car for $80K....

His work sure it pretty. I wanted "The Beast" to be similar in prep.....

Bill P.
J P Stein
I really do like the look of the Ginther style "screen (?)"
Now I know where to get one biggrin.gif ....Maybe next year.

I gotta get back to sanding......whoes idea was this anyhow? barf.gif
redshift
idea.gif

It was YOUR idea, totem ballast!

M
neo914-6
QUOTE (brant @ Dec 31 2005, 09:40 AM)
the owners of those vehicles are either too busy working on them, too busy driving them, or just don't take as much satisfaction from talking about their cars.

brant

Yep, lots of nice cars and many owners not on this site or other sites. My driving instructor at the WCC04 never heard of the 914club and didn't care... he just liked tinkering, racing, and meeting people face to face. Plus some just aren't internet savvy or even have computers. type.gif

We are a unique bunch... party.gif
Series9
I have a few of his parts on the RS.

I've heard he can be difficult from others. From knowing him, I could see the potential for that in his personality.

But, my experience with him has been entirely positive and I would not hesitate to recommend him. His work is absolutely first class and I have to say that he has set the standard for Series 9.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.