Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone know if Dakar is covered on Speed Chan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ken914
Surely the greatest off-road race in the world will be covered on Speed Channel? It even has an American NASCAR redneck, surely they wouldn't let that chance pass...

I looked around the Speed Channel site and couldn't find a reference to any coverage.......... ARGHHHHHHHH.......

914werke
If it aint NASCAR related, good luck!
SPEED (channel) sucks finger.gif
lapuwali
SPEED shows WRC and F1 races, and lots of motorcycle stuff, too. It's hardly only the NASCAR channel, and I'd rather have it in it's current incarnation that be back to seeing 5 total laps of one F1 race per season on "Wide World of Sports"...

However, OLN is covering Dakar, just like they did last year. The coverage isn't all that good, but it's better than no coverage at all. OLN is also showing A1GP races. OLN, btw, was started by the same guy that started Speedvision (as it used to be known). OLN outbid SPEED for the coverage, apparently. I do hope the coverage is better this year. I really want to see Carlos Sainz win the thing.

kdfoust
I'm a huge fan of Dakar. Back in the good ole days Speed had an hour update every evening. It was good coverage. I've TIVOed the race again this year. I hope the OLN coverage is vastly improved. I couldn't even watch it last year. mad.gif

Didn't the redneck get his ass handed to him last year?

Later,
Kevin
Marv's3.6six
Didn't the redneck get his ass handed to him last year?

Yep he did, have met him RG is an A$$. I predict he will win some stages, and maybe take the overall lead, but will wad it up before the end.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.