Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aluminum floor board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
guys,
i just got a sample (prototype) of a aluminum floorboard to
replace the wooden board behind the pedal cluster.
many thanx to Mike Oakes! pray.gif

btw. mike o. are you on this list already ???

i will post pics and more info (like weight etc.) here
shortly. right now, the board has only the standard cutouts,
i would like to drill some additional holes to reduce the weight
even more. we'll see how that goes.

from my understanding, mike has the tools and material to
make those boards on his own, soooo, if there is enough
interest here on the list we might be able to get a pretty
good deal on them.

later,
Andy
Mueller
Well, as long as he can sell them cheaper than the ones being sold on eBay by that 9xAuto (?) then he might get a few bites....besides wieght, I cannot think of how to make them better that what is available. I still think these guys (9xAuto) are a bunch of rip off artists...I've emailed them a few times asking if they can supply the facts of the HP improvments of thier products....they have never replied.

IPB Image
SirAndy
still need to get the pix off the camera, but it essantially looks the same than your pic except those additional holes. plus it seems that mine is thinner, judging from the closeup of the holes ...

i just think it would be nicer to have a local ressource.
plus, he might be able to do other parts in alu too wink.gif

will keep you posted ...
Andy
seanery
I have one of those on the 2.7. I when the 9xauto guys were new and paid like $45 bucks for it.

I think they want around $90 now?
Mueller
Funny, I just did a search on evilBay and now another company is selling these.....thinner material but about the same price........65 bucks

Damn, I really need to get off my lazy ass and get my mill running perfect, I'm missing out !!!!

Oh, if you want, let me do a trial run at home on an extra floor board I have....I should be able to swiss-cheese that board for you........
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 12 2003, 04:00 PM)
Oh, if you want, let me do a trial run at home on an extra floor board I have....I should be able to swiss-cheese that board for you........

yeah mueller, that'll be great!

here's the pic, sorry for the quality ...
Mueller
Can you ask Mike to send me the CAD/CAM files? smile.gif

I'll put in writing that I will not make these but only use the files to cut your board.
jonwatts
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 12 2003, 04:00 PM)
Damn, I really need to get off my lazy ass and get my mill running perfect, I'm missing out !!!!

I believe Pelican sells an ABS plastic version of this (as well as the aluminum ones). I can see the ABS as a light alternative to the pedal board since it won't rot. The aluminum looks cool but that's about it. That doesn't mean I wouldn't take one if the price were right.
Mueller
The ABS might be better....less chance of accidently grounding something out if one is working on thier dash electrical....I know sounds goofy, but I had to think of a positive response for ABS smile.gif mueba.gif

My factory one is fine...no need to recreate the wheel...
djm914-6
I bought one of those Ebay $65 pieces. They are buy Rennline. I've talked with those guys at Hershey last year and they have some nice things, mostly for the tail dragger crowd.

I'm happy with my floor board. It's about the same thickness as the stock piece and has all of the same mounting holes. The only modification I mad was to the holes for the throttle stop. I wanted to use nuts and bolts instead of pop rivits.
J P Stein
In amongst the boxes of stuff that came with the project I purchased was a pedal board made of honeycomb aluminum. The PO was into private aircraft and had made it. It was so light it nearly floated outta the box. rolleyes.gif
It's been nestled in place of the wood jobbie ever since.
This is the first chance I've had to brag on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.