Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
but. while waiting for the site to come up i came across www.Import.com's ad on ebay and went to their site. a reman 2.0 for $2145 plus less with your core. i'm not suggesting any buy one, but how much volume do they have to do low ball price these things. anybody remotely familiar with this co? i don't know how to include the link, sorry.

kevin
Brad Roberts
Show me the link.

B
rhodyguy
brad, the ebay item #2429423779. the correct site is www.importmotors.com. i've been toying with the idea of a "budget" build on my complete spare 2.0. the head work alone at rimco would run nearly 1/2 of their engine price after core.

kevin
Charles Deutsch
I'm skeptical ... it's probably another example of "you get what you pay for".
StratPlayer
heres the site
http://www.importmotor.com/Store/StoreSele...sp?DealerID=108
Brad Roberts
Where they will kick your ass is in the core department. I promise they dont even know what 2.0 914 heads are.

P+C's run 375-425 wholesale...

B
rhodyguy
i'm NOT going to buy one. all my question was , "how?". clever/cheap advertising tho. they ebay one engine and get a bunch whoever's to look. i just found it interesting. bring thoughts of the fellow from Tehachapi Ca to mind?

kevin
Brad Roberts
I hear you.

These are GEX engines... run.

B
Charles Deutsch
How about this http://www.tiico.com/prod01.htm place?
rhodyguy
gex? oh boy! but i can buy from them direct in any vw mag. ebay... blink.gif

kevin
"NEVER AGAIN A DROPPED SEAT. TYPE IV & 914 HEADS. 100,000 MILE WARRANTY!!!"
biosurfer1
if anyone lives in southern cal, stop by their shop and check it out...
Brad Roberts
I havent heard anything negative about them. But..again.. they will nail you on the core heads.

The bottom ends are cheap.. the 914 2.0 heads are hard to come by.

B
Brad Roberts
GEX is in Arkansas now.

They have done good engines in the past... recently has been questionable.

B
Demick
They specifically say that the engines are built with 914 2.0 3-stud heads. But they don't say a thing about sodium exhaust valves - so I would assume stainless valves.

But the $2145 price is without exchange. They will give you $500 if you send them your engine as a core. And it will probably cost you ~$100 to send your engine to them - so we are really talking about a $400 core charge. For that price, just keep your old engine - and heads. Like Brad says - that's the most valuable part of the 2.0 engine.

Demick
VegasRacer
2.0 heads on eBay
jnp914
Hey VegasRacer wavey.gif

Where in the valley do you live? I am just about ready to start building a house up by Lone Mountain.
VegasRacer
West side.
(sent you an e-mail)
Brad Roberts
Those are not 2.0 heads... maybe bus 2.0 heads..

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.