Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any underbody pics of a 935 front suspension?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TravisNeff
I am looking for the underside shot of a 935 setup, specifically the cross member.
Thorshammer
Go to this site and then go to suspension.

http://www.kannamotorsports.com/

Erik Madsen
TravisNeff
page comes up but no pictures or links? Maybe it is a problem on my end..
neo914-6
here's one...
TravisNeff
Thanks Felix, what is the blue and red thingy? Looks like a steering stabilizer that is used on motorcycles or something. Where's the MC??
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Dec 31 2005, 08:04 PM)
Thanks Felix, what is the blue and red thingy? Looks like a steering stabilizer that is used on motorcycles or something. Where's the MC??

power steering....
TravisNeff
power steering....

Sissies. happy11.gif
brant
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Dec 31 2005, 08:04 PM)
Where's the MC??

Cars of that caliber often have dual mc's attatched to the pedals.
having dual MC's is the only way to actually increase the amount of rear brake pressure exerted by the brake pedal (unlike adjustable bias valves which only "limit it less")

brant
TravisNeff
Not all of them! BryanC has a new hotrod with 935 suspension and may need an MC brace.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Dec 31 2005, 08:33 PM)
Not all of them! BryanC has a new hotrod with 935 suspension and may need an MC brace.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
TravisNeff
Yip Yip!!
John
Where's the MC??

Wouldn't the MC or MCs be located in the front trunk like the later model 911s? That's where I would expect to see them.
brant
Thats Tom's car isn't it.
so Brian bought it?

I don't know brian, but I knew tom.
yep that front suspension on that car was actually one of the earliest aftermarket prototypes. I think its the design that went on to become erp

that car was a steal.
glad it went to an enthusiast.
Tom built the motor himself.
I've raced against it before.
ask Brian to get a weight on it.

brant
neo914-6
here's more...
neo914-6
more
neo914-6
more
TravisNeff
That is serious business Felix!

Brant, I bet Bryan got it for a steal - he only got the bottom half, lol. Looks like a fun ride for sure.
neo914-6
This owner paid $100k in parts and $100k in premium shop hours...yeah Bryan got a steal laugh.gif

the car...
brant
Tom is just the greatest guy...
the car is nice too.

there is very little about it that I would change.
Originally it had twin front oil coolers in the foglight areas, and its the car that I took the idea from.

its not the top gt5 car, but its not far from it either!

would cost 45K to replicate.
heck I would have bought it if I could have.
brant
alpha434
damn thats a sweet 914. Looks like the old le mans 914s that raced. The low slung windshield and the missing targa bar. Flippin awesome.
bryanc
QUOTE (brant @ Jan 1 2006, 01:07 PM)
Tom is just the greatest guy...
the car is nice too.

there is very little about it that I would change.
Originally it had twin front oil coolers in the foglight areas, and its the car that I took the idea from.

its not the top gt5 car, but its not far from it either!

would cost 45K to replicate.
heck I would have bought it if I could have.
brant

Thanks for the words about the car. I picked it up in November from Tom in Wichita. He's a nice guy and took lots of time to show me all of the various aspects of the car. He's got a new car project in the works and should be racing again RSN.

I'm not planning on changing much about the car 'cept possibly an removeable muffler for AX events and tracks that have noise limitations. So far I've driven it at Firebird West--a tight and twisty track. It was clear the the machine was more capable than I at this point. Lots of learnin' to do..... driving.gif
flesburg
I installed a 930 front end under my 914 in the spring of 04.

We used everything except the sway bar and the steering rack.

So far so good.
brant
Dale,

the 935 used adjustable length shafts to make up the a-arm.

you could screw the length in or out to change the front end geometry by lengthening one or the other side of the A-arm.

a turn buckle if you will.

brant
Jeroen
here's another one...
flesburg
Sorry that I can't read when somebody clearly says "pics of a 935 front suspension"...........
brant
oh crappp...
don't be sorry.
you got 2 of the 3 numbers right...

have a good night!

brant
Mike T
I see the spindle is higher on the strut body.

It also looks like the pivot points are higher that the torsion bar points? Yes?

Also a longer A-Arm?

Good pics...

Mike T
TimT
I see the spindle is higher on the strut body.

It also looks like the pivot points are higher that the torsion bar points? Yes?

Also a longer A-Arm?

yes yes and yes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.