Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Previous Owners Parts Stash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Richard Casto
When I bought my car it included the parts stash from the previous owner. Due to space issues, I am trying to decide what to keep and what I should dispose of (sell or trash). The goal with the car is to put in a 3.2 six, five lug conversion, brake upgrades, etc. So some (most?) of the stock stuff may not be that useful to me. I am listing the bulky stuff that is taking up the most space below.

* Two 1.7 or 1.8 Type IV engines. One mostly complete (assembled) but has been sitting outside for unknown time. This engine includes stuff like injectors, intake manifold throttle body, etc. No FI computer. It is not anywhere close to being a running engine. The other engine is disassembled to the point of having the heads pulled off. Surface rust and pitting on cylinders, piston
* Enough sheet metal and fan housings to cover 2 engines. Needs blasted and painted.
* A/C system. This is the under dash blower control unit, compressor, radiator, cover and misc parts. Condition is rough, but maybe usable/restorable by someone.
* About 8 calipers (half front, half rear). Need to be rebuilt
* Two rear trailing arms
* Two shafts and associated CV joints
* Two front struts (not 911)
* Two rear shocks and springs (rusted)
* Chrome front bumper. Has damage that would require welding and re-chrome.

I am tending to think to pull apart the two engines and attempt to sell the heads, cases and cranks and toss the rest of the engine. Keep the nuts and bolts I pull from the engines. Keep enough sheet metal to make a single engine and toss the other sheet metal. Keep maybe the best two rear calipers (potential conversion to ā€œVā€ calipers at a later date) and sell the other calipers. Sell the A/C stuff. No idea for how much and if anyone is interested in the A/C or not. Keep the extra trailing arms. Trash or sell the front struts. Trash the rear shocks. Trash the bumper.

Opinions? What would you keep, sell or trash?
TravisNeff
Get rid of the stuff you will never use. Keep the rear calipers and have Eric Shea do his magic. Send a set of rear trailing arms to Racer chris for delrins and ask him for the stiffening treatment he is working on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.