Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Season greetings from Sweden
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
First of I hope all of you had a good xmas and new year.. Sweden was fantastic... I'm uploading a pick to show how nice it was piratenanner.gif

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But now when I get back I need someone to look at my car.. Have talked to some people over here and they told me to take it in, in order to make it run smooth again.. Well, the question is where in San Diego should Itake my car.. Or I could ask this, Where would YOU take your car?! I need someone to look at it and tell me why its running bad. Nothing major or anything, just check my hoses and FI.. and tell me what needs to be done. If I take it to the local Joe he will prolly send me away or charge me 500 just to take a look at it..

I would be greatful for any help.. I know there is a bunch of teeners in SD..

Thanks Cris
john rogers
In San Diego there are probably two good shops for 914s; Deiter's and Black Forest. Brad's shop, Mind Over Motorsports works on late model Porsches mostly I think, Wayne Baker's is heavy into restorations and racing. There are several others such as Volker Bruckman, Volker Bruckman's son's shop, Extreme Motorsports, Don Clark's new shop (forget the name) and others. The best recommendation is to call around and most will probably charge a couple of hours labor to check things over and parts.
DonTraver
Don Clarks new shop is Victory Motorsports, about 50-60 miles north on I-15 at the Rainbow/Temecula line. Don's the best.

Dennis Sherman in La Mesa has Charlie that's been working on 914's for a really long time, built one up for his kid a couple of years ago.

Charlie did the transmission on my 914, perfect job. I had a tail shifter and a side shifter, he tore down both, regeared to the gears I wanted and put it all back together and installed, did it all for a bit over $900. Everyone else I called wanted $2000+ to do all of that.

I've heard about Black Forest and Dieters, but haven't had any work done by them.

Good Luck, Don
john rogers
Thanks Don, I couldn't remember the name of Don's new shop??!!
cbenitah
thanks guys, i really appreciate your help.. any of you have #'s as well, to the different shops? kinda hard to find in sweden..

thanks
DonTraver
Victory Motorsports-Don Clark 951-695-3902

Dennis Sherman - Charlie 619-464-7222

Extreme Motorsports - 858-278-3988

Black Forest - 858-292-1192

Dieters - Steve - 619-234-8106

Hope that Helps,

Later, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.