Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal hangover run Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Crazyhippy
9:00 am on Jan 1st is WAYYYY to early... finger.gif

Had a great time, didn't start raining till we were heading home.

BJH
Crazyhippy
got home from partying @ 1:30ish
rpmmaxxed
Blasted work dry.gif

Looks like ya guys had fun.
Crazyhippy
Only one person got "driving critique" from California's Finest (donut eaters). Nice Eyeball searing green 930 ohmy.gif sad.gif headbang.gif
Crazyhippy
And the drive home... windshield wipers work luckily wink.gif

Aaron Cox
sorry i missed it....
see jay leno again this year?
SirAndy
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Jan 1 2006, 01:25 PM)

'70 or '71 914-4 ? idea.gif

yawn.gif just got out of bed ...
need some coffee now ...
yawn.gif Andy
jim_hoyland
It was a fun drive, where did everyone end up ? Tapia Park looked a little deserted . SOme of the 914's at Gelsons...
jim_hoyland
Howard displayed his one-handphotgraphic skills..
jim_hoyland
Dekman's orange 914...
jim_hoyland
Crazy Hip's car, very nice
jim_hoyland
Bob's great lookinh 914-8...
jim_hoyland
Gelson's market must have had over 100 911'1, 914, mini's, and others...Shots along the road on Mulholland...
jim_hoyland
Joe's very nice orange 914...
jim_hoyland
nuther view..
jim_hoyland
Seems like there was only one incident--anyone know what happened to the black 911 with the broken windshield ?
BMITCHELL
Don't know what caused the accident but when we drove by later they were putting it on a flatbed. People seemed to be OK.
jim_hoyland
Bob, Did you end up at Tapia Park or Dukes ?
Crazyhippy
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jan 1 2006, 01:48 PM)
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Jan 1 2006, 01:25 PM)

'70 or '71 914-4 ? idea.gif

yawn.gif just got out of bed ...
need some coffee now ...
yawn.gif Andy

70... and it apparantly has a bag growing out of the roof confused24.gif

Use the top of your car as a table ONE time, and someone takes a bitchen picture of it headbang.gif

BJH
BMITCHELL
Neither. Followed Howard and the Doctor. We hooked up with another string of cars and ended up at a small private park in the hills off Topanga Canyon. Two Gullwings, Ducati boat tail, and alot of other cool cars. Found out after about 30 minutes its was a private party held every New Years Dayfor invited car nuts. We left for Tapia and it started raining so we just went over to Howards place for a bit. Thanks again Howard.
drew365
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Jan 1 2006, 06:17 PM)
Seems like there was only one incident--anyone know what happened to the black 911 with the broken windshield ?

I was right behind him, a turbo black 911. He gave it too much throttle exiting a corner, got into power oversteer, lifted, swung back hard the other way and hit a high drainage berm on the side of the road which lifted the car up, when it came down the windshield popped out on to the hood. He did quite a bit of damage for a small mistake. The roads were pretty slick in a lot of areas. A few bikers gave us the "you're number one" salute.
jim_hoyland
That was a lot of fun..there were so many strings of cars, it was a little confusing.
Howard
OkeyDokey. Link to PP thread.

I took some movies with my new digi cam and will try to post them.

Pick the real classic:
1: 914
2: Bugatti
3: Slits
Howard
Cheeky Bastard!
Howard
Little GTO, Yer really lookin fine....

Guy didn't think that was funny wacko.gif
Howard
Dekman and the Lancia
ThinAir
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 1 2006, 09:34 PM)
Pick the real classic:
1: 914
2: Bugatti
3: Slits

Slits! biggrin.gif
Howard
Imagine what a teener could do with an 8 litre!

This thing moved pretty well. I love the smell of Lucas in the rain!
Howard
If you have to ask, you can't afford it..

rick 918-S
You lucky Basturds! wavey.gif I hate snow!
Howard
I'm sure there's a way to shrink this so it's easier to get, but coffee.
grasshopper
looks like you guys had a great time!.... i hope to have the teener running today.... but i said that about six months ago too huh.gif rolleyes.gif
GWN7
QUOTE (BMITCHELL @ Jan 1 2006, 05:34 PM)
Neither. Followed Howard and the Doctor. We hooked up with another string of cars and ended up at a small private park in the hills off Topanga Canyon. Two Gullwings, Ducati boat tail, and alot of other cool cars. Found out after about 30 minutes its was a private party held every New Years Dayfor invited car nuts. We left for Tapia and it started raining so we just went over to Howards place for a bit. Thanks again Howard.

Hope you snagged a few bottles of wine before they asked the Narps to leave wink.gif biggrin.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Jan 1 2006, 01:22 PM)
got home from partying @ 1:30ish

Hey, who's the old guy in the red shirt....looks familiar....hmmmmmm biggrin.gif
thesey914
Are there any more pics of that flared orange 914?
dekman
Jim ...who are you calling old? The dashing guy in the red shirt! To all who were driving in the rain yesterday, check you trunks...I found an inch of water puddled there(now I know why they rust out there). wavey.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (dekman @ Jan 2 2006, 03:57 PM)
Jim ...who are you calling old? The dashing guy in the red shirt! To all who were driving in the rain yesterday, check you trunks...I found an inch of water puddled there(now I know why they rust out there). wavey.gif

OK, you got me..... rolleyes.gif
brer
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 1 2006, 09:43 PM)

Chitty Chitty Ker-Ching Ching
Howard
QUOTE (brer @ Jan 2 2006, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Jan 1 2006, 09:43 PM)

Chitty Chitty Ker-Ching Ching

smilie_pokal.gif Clever, greenboy!

And on the leaky 914 story, mine came thru driving rain great, I thought. But w/o a rain tray, looked down in the hell hole and drains had clogged on both sides. Nice little puddle.

Keep your holes clean, dry and well drained. And check your car, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.