Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Tool box drawer liners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
My wife got me a new Craftsman Ball Bearing chest and cabinet for Xmas. Now I need new drawer liners. Anyone know any good alternatives to sears for the liners? Sears liners set me back almost $80 to outfit this box.
dlo914
what about using these liners for kitchen drawers? i think they run for like $20 a roll of iono how much feet. i think this stuff is available at home depot...here's a picture
anthony
I've never understood the need for liners. My sockets don't seem to need a cushioned bed to lie on. What about just lining the drawers with contact paper?
gklinger
Costco! They've got a big ol' roll that should do most if not all of a good sized chest for relatively cheap. Of course, I found this after I did mine, but the stuff I used came from WalMart. Cheap too, but had to buy several rolls.
porsha916
I bought liners at a harbor freight store, alot less than sears! biggrin.gif
BEE DRIVEN
I used black rubber floor runners with the grooves from Home Depot,or at any home store. They come in rolls,and you just need to cut them to size.
914Sixer
Home Depot and Lowes have it by the roll. Cut and fit. A hellava lot cheaper.
smooth_eddy
Heck, I just use cardboard. Free-Free-Free....
propricer
Have a few of these for sale if anyone is interested ...
seanery
QUOTE (propricer @ Jan 2 2006, 01:46 PM)

how much? what size? details man, we need details! biggrin.gif
Rand
Remnant carpet is great in tool drawers... cut to fit. Nice and quiet and screws or other little pieces will stay put.
MartyYeoman
Use cork sheet.
seanery
I use kitchen drawer liners, too.
jasons
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Jan 2 2006, 12:34 PM)
Use cork sheet.

Where can you get the Cork Sheet?

I went to Harbor Freight today and got 3 rolls of their liner on sale for $4 a roll. Sears was $21 a roll!
markb
QUOTE (propricer @ Jan 2 2006, 10:46 AM)

I'd be interested in 1 or 2.
propricer
Have 5 trays ... each measures 22-3/8 x 6 x 1-3/16 and has a lip on each side so it sits on the sides of the tool box drawer and so it can slide front and back.

There are 9 compartments inside, each measuring 2-1/2 x 6 x 1-3/16.

These are high quality ( snap-on type quality ) trays - each weighs 4lbs 3 oz.

Would certainly be willing to sell for 1/2 new price if I could figure out how much they are currently selling for.

What's fair ... make me an offer ( ed.ducey@gmail.com )
Dead Air
QUOTE (porsha916 @ Jan 1 2006, 03:45 PM)
I bought liners at a harbor freight store, alot less than sears! biggrin.gif

[QUOTE]
Grabbed mine at the "dollar store" Yeah, a dollar each!
It's foam covered netting that works great cause it's lt beige and the tools show up better on it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.