Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hate 911s? the dark side, cross you will
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
temptation has gotten the best of me, so I made him an offer he could not refuse

here's my new ride
sean_v8_914
rdfew
sean_v8_914
gfhgf
sean_v8_914
gfhjgdj
Aaron Cox
what year (pre 74???)
sean_v8_914
fdyh
Brew
Pretty sporty! I like it!
sean_v8_914
2.4 T engine rebuilt by PMO

Aaron: what happened in 74 that stood out to you?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Jan 1 2006, 04:49 PM)
2.4 T engine rebuilt by PMO

Aaron: what happened in 74 that stood out to you?

gauges and body style...

and the gold letters across the decklid
sean_v8_914
I just finished my 73 914. I like it mo better. this car is all about the floss. all show, no go. my 914 is all go, no show
sean_v8_914
good eye. I guess I have to learn to habla 911 now
Aaron Cox
what did you pay for the car???

what are your plans for it?

AA
nine14cats
Welcome to the dark side....my son... happy11.gif

laugh.gif

Bill P.
TimT
Its an early year car, kind of hard to narrow down which year since the rear torsion covers are hidden, and iit has flare and later bodywork added. There is the wiring harness connections in the middle of the engine bay (on the rear cross member). My '69 tub has that feature. The later tubs I have owned didnt have harness connections there.

Also, you could always get full gauges, you just had to opt for the "S" package.
sean_v8_914
I stole it from a guy that was looking down the barrel of a sawed off 10 GA IRS audit

the purchase price shall remain classified ( for now). I think I will sell it. is $6k a good deal? it runs well, engine sounds great, no smoke or sputters, has rust (hidden) and a lot of scratches or dings in teh paint

do ya see all the chips? those 18s are curb'd up real gud too
sean_v8_914
big ol steam rollers on teh back. huge wheel spacers. nice parts car sawzall-smiley.gif

Bill: this is my second 911. the first was an 82 SC with a 3.2. it only lasted 3 months in my stable

275 35 R18
Aaron Cox
chop it and part it out.... tongue.gif

sean_v8_914
sawsall party sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Master Windu would be proud sawzall-smiley.gif
Aaron Cox
i got a tub and a set of 7/8 fuchs ill trade for the 2.4 smile.gif
TimT
Where is the rust?

pan? rear torsion tubes?
rear door jambs/kidneys?

Im looking for an early tub to perform some voodoo on. Bill and I want to make a mid engined 911. Similar to the the Fabcar 911, but we want to have 700+ hp in there

spare time toys
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Jan 1 2006, 07:09 PM)
I think I will sell it. is $6k a good deal?

Would it make it to Texas? idea.gif
sean_v8_914
yup. it runs and drives nice. the engine rebuild looks fresh. the PO did not drive it much
sean_v8_914
6k and a plane ticket back to San diego?...I smell a road trip
sean_v8_914
wow Murphy TX is FAR FAR AWAY!!!
markb
Interested in a trade? I'm gonna sell the Thunderbus.......
Dead Air
Admins, Move this thread to Renlist!! mad.gif
markb
QUOTE (TimT @ Jan 1 2006, 04:22 PM)
Im looking for an early tub to perform some voodoo on. Bill and I want to make a mid engined 911. Similar to the the Fabcar 911, but we want to have 700+ hp in there

Tim, there's a 912 tub where I store my cars, if you're interested, I could ask.
TimT
Mark we are looking for tub with zero tinworms.. beer.gif and it has to be inexpensive, i know wishful thinking

Trekkor
This looks like a car I would like idea.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jan 1 2006, 07:03 PM)
This looks like a car I would like idea.gif

KT

just add pvc products from home depot....

laugh.gif av-943.gif
Trekkor
Yes, please... cool.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jan 1 2006, 07:09 PM)
Yes, please... cool.gif

KT

oh come on poke.gif
markb
QUOTE (TimT @ Jan 1 2006, 06:01 PM)
Mark we are looking for tub with zero tinworms.. beer.gif and it has to be inexpensive, i know wishful thinking

Sorry, this one has a little *shudder* rust.
alpha434
OOOOHHH! a langechek spoiler! Yeah! I want to make one for my 914.
jd74914
QUOTE (TimT @ Jan 1 2006, 07:22 PM)

I know a guy that helped someone do that. I don't have pics, but he showed them to me. They did it in 1990 @ Cornell in NY State, and used someones old ISMA (i think) kit. It gave them extended rear fenders and everything. They had to cut the roof to extend the car 3inches I believe. I really wish I had pics now and I don't remember who it was, all I know is that one of the guys works at Callaway Cars dry.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jan 1 2006, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (TimT @ Jan 1 2006, 07:22 PM)
Im looking for an early tub to perform some voodoo on.  Bill and I want to make a mid engined 911. Similar to the  the Fabcar 911, but we want to have  700+ hp in there

I know a guy that helped someone do that. I don't have pics, but he showed them to me. They did it in 1990 @ Cornell in NY State, and used someones old ISMA (i think) kit. It gave them extended rear fenders and everything. They had to cut the roof to extend the car 3inches I believe. I really wish I had pics now and I don't remember who it was, all I know is that one of the guys works at Callaway Cars dry.gif

there's an imsa car that was converted to mid -engine and was some how legal. i should track down a picture of it. They put on HUGE fenders and tires that were way too big. The body work started out going from front to back, with modded doors. IMSA said that the only way it could run is if it hat stock doors. So it had these huge cutouts for clearance to open the stock doors. I think Martini-Roth ran it. They had to flip the trans upside down for enough room foor the tires. Was very successful...
sean_v8_914
I didnt get the PVC joke

tin worms...good one
spare time toys
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Jan 1 2006, 08:21 PM)
6k and a plane ticket back to San diego?...I smell a road trip

I work for the airlines so no ticket cost involved biggrin.gif but alsa the boss lady said I just spent too much on wheels and tires for the teener so NO MORE TOYS FOR ME Yack.gif alfred.gif As much as I would like to get this not having to paying child support is a lot better idea at this time happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.