Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Guitar ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
So my daughter is screwing around with my sons bass and she dropped it ohmy.gif It landed flat on the face and it kind of pushed in one of the volume knobs. About what is this going to cost to get a new controll put in? Its an Ibenez something or other has the 3 volume controlls aint none of them go low enough wink.gif Also she pulled the strap holder off by the neck I can just step it up a screw size cant I?
jet1
all the parts are available. try this
or go to a local music store. I have not had to buy parts in a long time, but I am sure if you do some searching on the web you can find other sites that sell the parts you need. good luck.
tat2dphreak
I can solder the stuff in for you Larry, if you need me too, I did my guitar's electronics... new pickups, etc... not hard at all...
blitZ
Here is another good parts site Stewart Mac. Its either a volume or tone pot. Just make sure you get the right one. Should be able to solder in easy enough. I made my currect guitar from parts I bought from eBay.

You can use a larger screw, just be careful not to split the neck.
Jeroen
larry, just check the knob
chances are that you can pull/pry it back just where it belongs

if it's one of those metal knobs, there is an allen screw on the side
IronHillRestorations
As long as the strap button isn't in a bad place, you can take a round maple toothpick and some wood glue to fill in the wood screw hole for the strap button. Some of these are installed in a bad place that causes the neck to crack though, look at a Taylor and see where they install the strap button.
Dead Air
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jan 1 2006, 04:14 PM)
So my daughter is screwing around with my sons bass and she dropped it ohmy.gif
Also she pulled the strap holder off by the neck I can just step it up a screw size cant I?

[QUOTE]

Was she playing Pete Townsend with it? It sounds to me like she walked on it!
I've been known to throw my bass across the room with little damage!
The knob should just slide of (like a radio knob) if it's plastic. Like Jaroon said, if it's knurled chrome.
Under that you find a slim nut and washer. Loosen
If there's a cover on the back of the guitar pull that and lift out the "pot".
Push the wood (if it's broken) back into place, tape over the front of the hole and brush some epoxy over it. Then drill out the hole. (about 3/8" ?)
The music store where you got it should have a new pot if it's actually broken.
On the strap bezel, a longer screw would be better than a fatter one. If it's totally blown out, glue some tooth picks in there and shave them flush.

Eric_Shea
Let me know what you need and I can get it from Ibanez.
spare time toys
Went up to Guitar Center tonight and got the pot for it. No not this kind smoke.gif It cost all of $5. Now to get ahold of my old buddy who moved in next town over who said he solderded up his guitar cool_shades.gif and he is back in business. He wants to trade this one off on a jazz bass but I told him he needs to come up with his own money for that slap.gif
TravisNeff
All that is left is to send the volume knob out to PA Speedo for fresh silkscreening to make it go to 11, lol.
Hammy
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jan 3 2006, 08:55 PM)
make it go to 11

It's louder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.