Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: storing MPSes...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
I have 2 that I am not using...I don't want to break it or anything since both work...so what do i do to store these guys?

b
Rand
Drop them in your salt-water fish tank. If they passed Geoff's leak-down test, this should preserve them for at least 3 or 4 more weeks.
bd1308
QUOTE (Rand @ Jan 1 2006, 09:15 PM)
Drop them in your salt-water fish tank. If they passed Geoff's leak-down test, this should preserve them for at least 3 or 4 more weeks.

would the toilet tank work?

my dad thew away the salt-water fish tank. with the expensive light system and everything.

anywho, i digress.

b
Rand
biggrin.gif
Just avoid Drain-O in the toilet.

Seriously though, I wouldn't think any special conditions would be required. But if you want to give them the premium treatment, keep them in a shoe-box in your closet! wink.gif
bd1308
i just thought the metal of the diaphragm or something would oxidize.

confused24.gif

b
Rand
My advice is worthless. Take it with a grain of salt. Just don't put the salt in the same box as the MPS.

To avoid oxidation, keep the temperature and moisture changes to a minimum. Hmmm... the shoebox in the closet idea just might work. wink.gif

Aaron Cox
vacuum seal them biggrin.gif poke.gif
TravisNeff
Just toss it in a ziploc baggie.
bd1308
damn...thats like a really good idea.

thanks.

b
rick 918-S
Get some of those silica packets for electronics and put them in the zip lock baggie... confused24.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Jan 1 2006, 07:51 PM)
Get some of those silica packets for electronics and put them in the zip lock baggie... confused24.gif

yep agree.gif
bd1308
a little tip for you guys...

on the silica bead packets....

if the colored beads are pink, take them out of the foil packets and microwave them until the beads turn blue.

but thanks bleyseng.

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.