Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 1st Pomona Swap Meet of 2006
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
Anybody planning to attend? idea.gif
Carlitos Way
I went last month. It was good... but I didn't get to spend much time in the VW/Porsche section, because my friend was looking for muscle car crap
dlo914
i dont see why not... wink.gif
Lou W
I'm thinking about going. smile.gif
JoeSharp
I'll be there.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Aaron Cox
bla bla bla - ebay killed pomona bla bla bla

ill probably be thar ph34r.gif
Lou W
We need to schedule a time and place to meet, what time are you all planning to get there?
jim_hoyland
I'll prolly go; I'm looking for a meatal 914-6 valance with hole...I usually go real early...
JoeSharp
I like to be done by 8:30. I look for parts first and check out the cars.
VegasRacer
O' Dark Thirty early is good for me. blink.gif
I am 99% sure I will be there.
I won't be able to leave Vegas until late Sat PM or early Sun AM.
9magazine
I have been thinking about setting up a booth out there to hand out sample copies of the magazine? Been worried that the show isn't big enough for me to make the 10 hour drive out to SoCal.

Any ideas?

Brian Minson
9 Magazine
http://www.9magazine.com
Carlitos Way
The Pomona Swap Meet is HUGE. The only problem is the VW/Porsche area isn't what it "used to be." However, there's still quite a bit of stuff.. and a few surprises all around. It's the typical "you never know what you're gonna get" swap meet scenario... the cars for sale area is usually pretty interesting... there's quite a variety. I even saw a couple of teeners out there last time I went. If you guys are realy looking to go... let me know.. maybe I'll have a running car by then!!!

C.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Carlitos Way @ Jan 3 2006, 12:52 AM)
If you guys are realy looking to go... let me know..

We're serious. biggrin.gif
I'll be there. Joe will be there. Aaron will be there . . . . . . and there will be more.
Lou W
Joe Sharp Posted on Jan 2 2006, 12:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like to be done by 8:30. I look for parts first and check out the cars.

ohmy.gif You mean, done getting there? or done gone outa there? biggrin.gif
SLITS
Arrive a 5:30 AM with a flashlight to get the good parts....at 8:00 AM they are pretty well gone.......
Lou W
Well, are we on for tomorrow? what time?
VegasRacer
Not tomorrow. slap.gif NEXT WEEK. Sunday the 15th.
Lou W
ohmy.gif Thanks, I'd probably would have ended up at a Garden Show. smile.gif
VegasRacer
icon_bump.gif
I dunno what the plan is. confused24.gif
All I know is that I'll be rollin' in with Joe Sharp. smoke.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 12 2006, 12:14 AM)
icon_bump.gif
I dunno what the plan is. confused24.gif
All I know is that I'll be rollin' in with Joe Sharp. smoke.gif

got a # i could contact either one of you guys w/? cell? i'll be there early around 6ish wink.gif maybe we could grab breakfast afterwards...
JoeSharp
John arrived last night and I just heard Linda pull up outside. We will be leaving in about 5 minutes.
TINCAN914
SUCKS!!! Pop's b-day is today, so I can't make it. Will be at the next one.....
VegasRacer
The number of buyers and sellers at Pomona was rather small this time. That didn't stop me from having fun. I went with Joe and Linda. We saw Elliot, Daniel and Mike's car. The only things I bought were an old porcelain street sign and a bunch of Mexican license plates.

The guy said these were called Shelby Talladega's and came off a 280Z.
They looked like 8 spoke Fuchs to me.
VegasRacer
In addition to Mikes nice orange 6, there were 2 other teeners in the Porsche area. A nice original green '75 for 4K, and another one with fiberglass repairs to the longs.

As I was leaving, I wandered out via the car show area. Something caught my eye a few rows over in the hot rod Chevy area. I went over to investigate, and found this.
VegasRacer
327 V8
Lou W
I was planning to go, but life got in the way. It was probably a pretty nice day there. Ant teener parts? or cars for sale?

Those 8 spoke fuchs look... well... ohmy.gif icon8.gif
VegasRacer
Asking $15,000 $11,000
VegasRacer
POR 15
VegasRacer
On the way back home I stopped for gas in Barstow.
It was getting kind of warm so I got an ice cream cone too.

laugh.gif Gee. I hope nobody from further north is reading this thread.
I wouldn't want them to think I was teasing them about the weather in January.
sixnotfour
I saw a triumph with those 8 spoke fuch look alikes the other day , Did a double take.
Any picture with sunshine is a welcome sight.
27th day of rain here(umbrella frouning guy)
There is blue sky beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
dlo914
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 15 2006, 08:25 PM)
The number of buyers and sellers at Pomona was rather small this time. That didn't stop me from having fun. I went with Joe and Linda. We saw Elliot, Daniel and Mike's car. The only things I bought were an old porcelain street sign and a bunch of Mexican license plates.

The guy said these were called Shelby Talladega's and came off a 280Z.
They looked like 8 spoke Fuchs to me.

i saw those as well..asked the guy the bolt pattern and it was a weird 4x113 wacko.gif but they were nice though! in a few mins i'll post up the link to the pics i took today wink.gif Oh! and nice to meet you and your car MikeD.
bernbomb914
I was there early( 7:00am )but did not see any thing that I had to have. sorry I did not see anyone, not even Glenn was there the weather must have keaped the vendors home as there wernt many there in the VW porsche area. that v8 looked fast.

Bernie
dlo914
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Jan 16 2006, 01:14 AM)
I was there early( 7:00am )but did not see any thing that I had to have. sorry I did not see anyone, not even Glenn was there the weather must have keaped the vendors home as there wernt many there in the VW porsche area. that v8 looked fast.

Bernie

same here dry.gif i was looking for a front sway bar assembly, but somehow i managed to spend like $50 on misc stuff dry.gif biggrin.gif
dlo914
here are the pictures i took at the Swap Meet today...enjoy beer.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Jan 16 2006, 02:14 AM)

Bernie

Since Pelican dropped it's participation and Chip Evaul died....Glenn & I no longer participate in the Pomona Swap Meet....to much money, to early in the AM, to cold, to hot, not enough sales to warrant the trip.......
Flat VW
Ron is proof....

The internet killed Pomona....

John w00t.gif

P.S. Ain't no substitute for seeing what one is buying with one's own shocked[1].gif
That Pomona thing is cool, though.

The scale of it, (all cars) is amazing. If the weather over there had been better I might have gone this time.
SLITS
JOhn......did you or Jim get my message over the weekend? Have your cell number..but not the one you actually answer.

VegasRacer
No messages on my phone. I forgot and left it in the van.
I do answer that phone slap.gif . . . . . when it is someplace I can hear it ring.
SLITS
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 16 2006, 10:40 AM)
No messages on my phone. I forgot and left it in the van.
I do answer that phone slap.gif . . . . . when it is someplace I can hear it ring.

Sorry, JohnP....I meant John1 in PHX or Flat VW....but I would call you to sweetie!
Flat VW
It is O.K. Ron,

We John(s) cover for one another, union rules, as I have stated before....

John wavey.gif

P.S. He is on it.

Flat VW
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jan 16 2006, 10:40 AM)
I do answer that phone  :stooges: . . . . . when it is someplace I can hear it ring.

Just exactly what I would have said, thanks John!

J wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.